Move tool snaps existing position

Without me even moving the part, the move tool snaps its Y axis from 1.25 to 1.3. This is especially stupid because the snap to grid interval can be set to the hundredths place when it’s just going to be snapped to the tenths anyway if you try to move it again.

6 Likes

Yes, I am experiencing this bug right now and I have to say it is EXTREMELY annoying and is causing me to have to use plugins for movement because the default tools are untrustworthy to move stuff as expected :rage:

1 Like

This bug has been reported some time ago, although it’s still not fixed.
I also find it really annoying amd hope they’re at least getting closer to solve this.

1 Like

What OS are you on? What drag increment is the tool set to? If you add a new block, and set it’s y value to 1.25, does this still happen?

When it happened to me, my OS was Windows 7. The bug didn’t appear when I used completely new parts. It was affecting parts that were already on the place, but even if they were duplicated (thus making “new” parts, but from already bug-affected ones) it still rounded up the position.

I’d just like to take this moment to point out that cmdutl is a rock-solid tool. It also has parametric input.

Ugh… This was kinda talked over in previous reports of this bug so I won’t repeat it all.

But for those who are used to standard Studio tools, using plugin for simple movement is effective but weird (at least for me).

If this only happens with certain parts, do you know how you got those parts into that state?

Unfortunately I have no idea how it works. Do you want a repro file of the place it’s on?
Maybe it won’t fix itself after opening it on another place.

Sure! I’ll take a look and see if I can’t get it to happen again.

I will DM it to you.

Thanks for the repro. I’ll add it to our bug list.

1 Like