[MOVED] FoodMateV3 Feedback

It was my attempt at not having to cut shapes as it’s just a frame inside the outlined area with a ui corner then a non rounded frame where it joins the other part of the order, that’s cuz ui corner and clip descendants aren’t friends sadly :frowning: Thanks for the motivation, I’ll fix it up!

1 Like

It’s so people can see orders submitted, I already warn them of the rate limit potential but it was a hugely wanted feature of my last ordering system!

1 Like

Oh yeah one more thing, it would be nice to have a small indicator of what name is the username and what name is the display name, just to make some lives easier

Have you checked if there’s a stroke on the ui corner or the frame?

1 Like

Their is but that’s intentional so there is a border for the rest of the order frame!

1 Like

I spammed the buttons too much…

1 Like

Feedback

Absolutely phenomenal work, the UI looks immaculate. The system works decent enough to be functionable.

Here are some things I think you should add onto it.

1. Perhaps try adding UI Corners to your UIs, mainly the base structure of it to give it more of a modern feel.

2. The ability to change the parameters of how many food items a user is allowed to order. I’d recommend having the ability to add as many items as the user desires; but having the ability to cap it if you desire as a developer of the game.

3. Round the numbers for the timers, this will make the system much easier to read and cleaner while looked at.

4. Have time limit indicators… a good example of these would be;
    if the timer is below 3 minutes, the text stays white.
    if the timer is below 6 minutes, but higher than 3 minutes, the text changes to yellow to indicate that they’ve been waiting for quite a while.
    if the timer is above 6 minutes, the text becomes red and may have the background of the UI flash Red as well to let the workers know that the user has been waiting an extraordinary amount of time and should be a priority.

5. Obviously, to go with #4: Have parameters that could be set by the developer to change these times to what they deem fit for time indicator(s).

6. An actual place to view the orders being done on some actual screens for a restaurant. It would help get a feeling of the energy with it being used.

I will keep an eye on this, looks promising.
cheers-leonardo

1 Like

As you said “Ui Feedback” It wont harm adding images instead of us playing would it? Tell me.

It’s best to play the game.
30char

Hey, there is a glitch with numbers with studio not acting like the main game, very annoying I tried fixing it but it only works in studio. usually it’s presented like MM:SS, thanks a ton for the kind words, it means a lot after the amount of hours I’ve had to put into the security of this product, majority of the work is in the backend it might even be my biggest scripting project on Roblox so far lol

Awesome ideas, I had the timer colour planned, but didn’t think of making it flash, the customer restaurant screens sounds like a bloody solid idea, the users can modify the system as much as they like in the configuration module, it has a cap system, they can set it as high/low as they’d like, and since the system will be free it’s open source meaning they can just put their own scripts into it!

I’ll definitely keep your ideas in mind as they’re pretty solid!
And thanks for the kind words, it’s motivating knowing people are interested in what you’re making!

1 Like

Lol if you could tell me which buttons I’ll work out why and add a debounce. The system generates client tokens which means the server only accepts your request if the token matches the hashed token in the script table. Spamming requests could possibly cause the client to be going faster than the server then the server is just denying requests.

I did think of adding a loading screen but it would make using the system tedious as after everything you do which required submitting, claiming, downloading orders for the chef ui, claiming, completing etc (not things in the cashier ui, that only contacts the server on submission)

1 Like

I want to work together on FoodMate with you. Are you up for it?

I spammed the username button thingy with my username after quiting the page to select orders.
Basically this:

X Foodmate
------------------------------------------
Type Username
VauItZone
Enter

After pressing enter, the top exit thing is clicked and continue doing that over and over

Also is this meant to happen?
RobloxScreenShot20220727_200744607
can we walk sideways

I’d love a person to assist in development! Contact me on Discord Tozzleboy#0001, just so you know I don’t plan on selling this until later on with the pro version, this version is open source and free.

You’ll have to spend some time finding out how it works, I’ll DM you the files of it or just add you to a TC

I just didn’t anchor it, but players actually just adornee a surface ui to their boards so it doesn’t matter that my one isn’t anchored.

That system of finding players, I haven’t had a chance to fool proof test it but I know sometimes it doesn’t find players. I plan to revamp it.

Overall I think you’ve done an excellent job and I look forward to this release!
Of course some things can be added or changed in the future but I believe that you have a functioning product as of now. Great work!

1 Like

Hey Mate,
Just remembered another thing, about the “More order paramaters like Fries → Size: Large Seasoning: Sea Salt Sauce: None” - I planned to make this for the pro version!

1 Like

Update pushed thanks to @Trisxcal .
Seems to have fixed all the problems!

We have more planned though.

1 Like

We’ve released
Please give us new feedback at our main post. We’re greatful for all of you guys helping us as we begun our journey.