Movement controls not working in studio

Hello.

Today I was messing around in studio, more specifically moving various windows around like the output, explorer etc.

After doing this, I noticed that W, A, S and D didn’t work at all when I tried to move my camera around in the studio. I had tried this in Solo mode with my character and they work fine, likewise in another studio. However on this game, in studio mode, it doesn’t work.

Please could I have some assistance?

2 Likes

It may have been that another window (e.g. Output) was focused instead of the viewport and was eating up the input. Does this still happen if you click in the viewport (3D world view) and then try to use WASD? If not, does restarting Studio resolve the issue? Also, are you using any custom camera plugins?

1 Like

For me, I can normally fix any movement problems by deleting the Camera object in Explorer. A new one will be created and should fix everything.

2 Likes

I tried restarting studio. I have also tried focusing on different parts of the HUD and the viewport. I have even reverted my changes and no difference.

@ChipioIndustries I will try that.

For the camera to work correctly in studio–assuming no plugins are taking control of it–it has to be set to CameraType: Fixed. One thing that can sometimes occur when clicking around is accidentally giving focus to a dropdown and then changing the value unexpectedly with the keyboard or mouse wheel. As noted in a thread yesterday, some building camera plugins can sometimes leave the camera set to Scriptable. If the file is saved when the camera’s set to something other than Fixed, the problem will persist in that file until you set it back or delete the workspace camera as @ChipioIndustries suggested above.

4 Likes

The camera was unexpectedly set to ‘Follow’ for some reason. I have changed it back to ‘Fixed’ and the problem has cleared away.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.