Movement System (Crouch + Sprint) (Client > Server) (R6 + R15!)

Hello! I decided to create an OpenSourced Movement System free of use for anyone to use. It’s not really the nicest looking thing in the world in terms of back-end, I will admit; since this is the first open-source thing I’ve made, I tried to explain things out as much as I can. Enough with a back story, here’s what it can do:

If you’re gonna use it; please give credit unless you modify it majorly. Then, you’re free to not provide credit.

• Sprinting
  • Crouching
  • Custom Animation Loading

That is about it, I don’t want to drone on about any possible benefits, because really I don’t see any over making your own system, (which I’d encourage if you had the time.)

In order to set a custom animation you should do:

Client > Look for a variable called “SprintAnimation” Update the number to your AnimationId.
Client > Look for a variable called “CrouchIdle” Update the number to your AnimationId.
Client > Look for a variable called “CrouchWalk” Update the number to your AnimationId.

In order to set a custom walkspeed (Crouch, Sprint) you should do:

Server > Speeds, then adjust all speeds within the table. DO NOT CHANGE THE NAMES OF THE ACTUAL VALUES OR THE SYSTEM WILL BREAK!

In order to set a custom default walkspeed (Crouch, Sprint) you should do:

Server > look for the variable DefaultWalkspeed, then adjust as wanted.

In order to set a custom name for the Event or a location you should:

Server, Client > Look for the variable “RemoteEvent” and adjust the location finding as wanted.

Videos of the system in action.

https://i.gyazo.com/e7fff98284581d4de3be30e40eaa2c7a.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/070ed52e33e0c1a50c541dc60f3e3a6b.mp4

Link of the actual model.

Any and all feedback is welcome! (As well as any bugs that occur.)

11 Likes

Sorry about the videos not embedding for some reason; here are the videos.

3 Likes

Update: There may be a couple bugs regarding animations playing; please tell me if this occurs to you at all and provide what happened when the bug occured.

May a stamina be added to this? With a bool value to determine if it’s needed or not?

1 Like

Stamina may be added into the actual system; but it will take some time. I’ll update this post when I do so. I was actually considering adding stamina; but I decided against it as I thought not many people would relatively want it.

Implementation will be mostly the same; just the serverside will need to be replaced.

EDIT: If you’re up for it, you can freely modify the system to account for stamina; I’ll just be updating it soon.

1 Like

Hi, great movement system, but my animations were stuck at a specific keyframe when i tried sprinting, or crouching, other things

1 Like

This is probably a result of the new blending animation system/ your animations weren’t looped/ this system just broke because it’s old and uses bad practices (I made this when I was newer to programming)