Movie Lighting Plugin - Professional pre-made lighting!

ahh ok. but i think you should still do it.

Looked at all the scripts in the plugin, and there is no malicious plugins at all. @rxuntz, you have a plugin installed called Billboard Maker which installs malicious scripts into ServerScriptService.

I recommend you uninstall this plugin immediately and clean your game of any malware scripts this plugin caused.

3 Likes

Thanks, sorry about the misunderstanding on my part.

1 Like

I don’t really know if I can use this, some people are saying it has some suspicious scripts and stuff in it. But from the Pictures, I can say that it looks nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

let me just say it look very nice but I am not gonna use it until I am 100% sure :smiley:

This was one of the comments I saw, I don’t know if it is the truth or not, I don’t know if they are lying.

hello when i attempt to use it i got a warning a malicious scripts thingy
its good by the way

some of the lighting type will look better if we could set height of fog

edit: the cartoon helped me a lot , can we have night time of cartoon

-skyquest

Does this answer your question?

My plugin is being blamed for “injecting scripts” into your game without your permission, just because it’s one of the only plugins that warn you about this.

People blame my plugin even though they have another plugin inserting scripts into their game. Therefor, the user blames us.

Movie Lighting (1.0) has been proven to be safe by @ghidras.

I’m not sure why the script injection prompt (by Roblox) pops up. The popup started before I added the feature to convert your lighting to a module.

However, if these arrogant and attacking comments keep coming in, I will disable the plugin’s comments.

I’ve done everything to protect the user using my plugin, but all I get is comments about script injection.

These past 20 comments have been nothing constructive about the plugin itself, just a stupid bugged injection warning.

It’s really disappointing and demotivating seeing my work be degraded by these comments.

If Movie Lighting 2 comes out, I will ensure the false positive script injection prompt by Roblox does not pop-up unless the user converts their lighting into a module. The new plugin will also be easier for users to read. (So when I inevitably get blamed, it will be easier to disprove).

Movie Lighting 2 will also have a Repo on Github, so the user can see the source code and or learn.

2 Likes

can’t wait for move lighting plugin 2 : ) made lighting easier

1 Like

Yep, thanks for the response, have a great day :smiley:

Please, before responding or anyone reading this in the future. That fact that it ask for your confirmation isn’t a 100% verified that it contains a virus of any kind. 2 years ago, an announcement was made by Roblox talking about this confirmation box. The reason this box pops up is said in the link below. This plugin either modifies a scripts source code or inserts a script of some kind. It’s only a warning box in case a plugin you download has a virus. This plugin doesn’t contain any viruses of any kind.

1 Like

Umm is this thing still being worked on

i see no new updates

Movie Lighting 2.0 is a completely different plugin that will be releasing sometime this year. I’m not too sure of the release date, very burnt out! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

can’t wait for 2.0

hope it will fix the layout of the Plugin its too plain

Hello, friends! :blue_heart:

I would like to give you an inside look from the development of Movie Lighting 2! Development has been slow due to workflow and school! However I would like to announce some exciting news about the plugin!

Let’s start small! :package:

Larger details will be revealed later on during the development on the second version of the plugin (like a release date, UI or features)

Let’s just say that I have a lot of plans for this plugin! :shushing_face:

• [Keep in mind that some of these features may be different when this plugin is officially released]

Anyways, let’s start with our first feature reveal! :tada:

New light-weight module to Convert Lighting! :leaves:

The brand new and completely written “Convert Lighting” function uses less than 60 lines of code to convert your game’s lighting settings, and is more accurate than the first version!

Features that were not possible before! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Now… I’m not looking to spoil all of the features that were missed in Movie Lighting 1.0, however… I do want to state that a unique feature that very little plugins use is coming to Movie Lighting 2. *excited noises *

3 Likes

Hello everyone! :blue_heart:

I would like to share another large part of Movie Lighting’s development to the Developer Forum! :link:

More previews soon!

I’m not exactly ready to share much more about the plugin’s development, however I do wish to state that more updates on Movie Lighting 2.0 will be coming out soon.

Quality & QOL [Quality of Life]

Most of our new features and plugin content are hard in the works being developed with quality and user friendliness in mind. We do understand what went wrong in the original Movie Lighting plugin and we are working on fixes and features to flatten out those issues.

• With this stated, I would like to announce that Movie Lighting 1.0 (/original version(s)) will no-longer be worked on or receive major updates. :x:

• Movie Lighting 2 will most likely NOT be receiving a public testing version due to previous syncing errors. :x:

Listening to the Community :speaking_head: :speech_balloon:

Movie Lighting revolves around what our users and their ideas. We would love to hear your suggestions for our brand-new plugin. We are taking anything from Lighting Package suggestions, to Core Elements.

So please, don’t be shy to share! :bulb: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Two months later we finally got a update on the plugin

Clapping sounds

1 Like

I have gotta say, The plugin is good, so the 2.0 will probably be great! :slight_smile:

Not to bump this topic too hard…

As most of you guys assume, Movie Lighting 2.0 will not be happening. We were very close to creating this plugin, we spent many hours, and created many versions.

I would like to make one final post, this post. I do appreciate everyone who has used my free tool, even to this day. Both versions of the plugin will not be receiving any updates, and I can confirm that Movie Lighting 2.0 is completely cancelled.

Thanks for making this plugin one of my successes.
-Movie Lighting Team

2 Likes