Moving/Rotating edits the Package

When I move/rotate an entire package, it becomes edited. I believe Studio notices the Floating Point errors in parts’ positions/orientations, and marks the entire package as edited, violently disrupting current workflow by enabling the warning on the top of the viewport back and forth (the top warning appears only on some places, I’m not sure why). I’d expect Studio to recognize these errors as normal, and keep a margin for them (possibly adjusting the position/orientation too, so they don’t happen to move out of it) to not disrupt the workflow.

It happens quite often. Sometimes it happens all the time, sometimes it doesn’t at all. I believe all you need to do is just move/rotate a package around, and just expect the warning message to pop up. Here’s the model I’m using in the video below (you need to convert it to a package first): packageBug.rbxm (8.3 KB)

This bug isn’t game-specific. It should be able to be reproduced anywhere, however I haven’t been able to reproduce it with a simpler model. I’d assume the more complicated the package is, the more likely it is to catch a Floating Point error big enough for Studio to notice.

Here’s a video I recorded that presents the bug happening in a Team Create session (with the top warning appearing/reappearing):

After I placed the package in the position/orienation I want, I undo changes done to the package. Unfortunately there seems to be another bug (that could possibly be related to this one), that prevents publishing places, even though every package had changes undone to them. It has been already reported here:

I had to convert all packages back to normal models (by removing the PackageLink) as I couldn’t publish the place with them.

2 Likes