Moving ship (player movement)

Hello, I have some problems with my boat when a player is on it.
I have done several searches and I haven’t found any information that could help me.
If anyone can help me fix this problem it would be great.

The player can control a boat and make it move.
When the boat moves the player has no problem moving on it, but when the player jumps, climbs ladders, or goes down stairs, the player goes backwards, as if unaffected by the movement of the boat.
(see the video to understand)
Does anyone know why when the player does an action that requires him to be in the air he does this?

2 Likes

what happening? is the boat moving? is the players tracksion thing moving the boat?

When the boat is moving, if the player jumps, he is ejected from the boat.

On the video, the boat moves, and the player jumps, the player doesn’t press any key to move , he just jumps.

The boat uses a body velocity to move , a body gyro to turn, and a body position to float

Simply put, these objects only apply force to players touching the ship.

No force is applied to the players on the boat.
When the boat moves, the player moves with it, it’s the physics of roblox that does that. But roblox physics does not allow players on a moving object to jump.

Yes, this is what I’m saying, forces are only applied to players touching the boat, you’ll most likely need to make a custom system.

I have no idea how to make a custom system for this.

Along with UP the jump would need the same velocity settings as the ship velocity.