Multi-lining broken after being filtered through the ROBLOX API

**EDIT: ** Somehow it’s broken again.

Bug report is as simple as it sounds. Multi-lining any text with the use of CTRL+J is broken in multiple live games without any recent updates coming from the developers.

Can be found in:

Many people are reporting this bug in both communities discords.
This bug has started happening sometime between yesterday and the posting of this message.

It cannot be reproduced in studio.
Only happens in live instances of games.

My thought is that somewhere, something happens while filtering the name, since filtering doesn’t work in Studio nothing breaks there.

4 Likes

As a developer of Starship Roleplay: Emissary I can confirm this is happening.

2 Likes

Developer for Pine Ridge listed in the post above to confirm that this is indeed happening.
I’m assuming it’s possibly coming from filtering text async.

5 Likes

I am sorry, but definitely better than this Chatfilter bypass method.
Never knew strg +j does smt

So what you’re saying is our games essentially breaking for a ton of our players is better than having a extremely niche, hard to discover chat filter bypass? Hm. I wonder how that makes sense.

2 Likes

Also, possibly any string with two or more new lines is filtered, completely.

UPDATE 2: This has also broken all new line interactions in Chechos Deltarune RP - Roblox

As the owner of CDRP, can confirm this broke our player profile system. All bios are just flattened.

Fixing both would be lovely. Xk

Why does your game break only cuz you can’t write multiple lines? Just write it in one.

Yes, I do. You say it’s better when players can tell anyone DDoxed Data and harm children, even children under 13 with e.g threats or adult word or harassment? Also you game… Must be very interesting when it breaks because players can’t chat properly. Also can’t they just write in one line?

You’re either refusing to understand or simply being obtuse on purpose.

If you must break something as to fix another, then you’re only creating a problem to correct later on. ROBLOX updated their filters, patched the associated bypasses and in turn broke a core feature of all operating systems.

• You can not have multi-line descriptions on the ROBLOX web-page because of this bug, be it for games, accessories or models.
  • Players can not spread their roleplay descriptions across multiple lines because of this bug.

And regarding your answer earlier, do you have any idea of what a roleplay game entails? Mayhaps by reading the genre? Roleplay? The kind where you play as a character you created, and where you need to let people know crucial information about said character?

There’s a difference between

“Character Name”
“Role”
“Description”

And

“Character Name” “Role” “Description”

All mashed together in one line; superimposing 50-300 words in a single line will be incredibly awkward to read if not properly linted and spaced. But go on, please.

Spacing for Game/UGC/Group Descriptions for Everyone are Broken - Bug Reports / Roblox Application and Website Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

But it has been fixed according to this post, so there’s that. I’ll mark this post as solved.

This happens on the website too whilst trying to change the description.

If I put, for example:
"
Hello there,
Friend
"

It will change to:
"
Hello there, Friend
"

I want to have multiple lines in my description but its not working.

1 Like

They’ve broke it again. Incredible.