Multicolored chat tags with the new Textchatservice?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to add a custom chat tag in my game to include one color and then make the player’s name a different color.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    it doesn’t have any color and just shows the chat like this

this is the code for it below

props.PrefixText = "<font color='#FF2159'>[GOOBER]<font color='#04FF00'>" .. message.PrefixText .. "</font>"

I thought it would work like that since without the second font color it shows up like this

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I tried adding a and then putting the second font color but that didn’t work
there’s not much other than that I have done since I don’t really have much knowledge on how the chatservice works

1 Like

If nothing that you have tried is working you could try what i did on my code :

-- Get the ChatService module that creates automatically on serverScriptService
local ChatService =
require(game:GetService("ServerScriptService"):WaitForChild("ChatServiceRunner"):WaitForChild("ChatService"))

-- Do when speaker gets added to chat event
ChatService.SpeakerAdded:Connect(function(playerName)

-- Get the speaker using the playerName given on the parameters
	local speaker = ChatService:GetSpeaker(playerName)

if playerName == "Your name here probably" then

-- And here is where you put the Stuff. I dont know if this is what you want but is the most related thing that i found
		speaker:SetExtraData("Tags", {{TagText ="GOOBER", TagColor = Color3.fromRGB(255,0,0)}})
	end
end)

I believe that’s how it works for the old textchatservice

it still works, and i use it on a few games… Did it worked for you? or you dont want to use that method?