Multiple authentication errors. (Error Code 429)

Reproduction Steps
Often when trying to join roblox games, I am encountering the following error:
fail

When opening studio (using Edit via the website), I am often given the following error:
fail2

When play testing in studio, MarketPlaceService:GetProductInfo() requests are erroring out as 429 (Too Many Requests).

And this happens sometimes??

Sometimes, reconnecting and trying again a few times will fix this issue, but it’s not guaranteed.

I am having similar issues having to do with authentication all over roblox.

Expected Behavior
Successfully authenticate and be able to work on my game/join games.

Actual Behavior
Unable to join games or edit my game, or unable to play test properly.

Workaround
Keep trying over and over, you may be able to authenticate properly.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-02-20 00:02:00 (-05:00)

21 Likes

I can vouch for this. Loading a Roblox game also does not work. You cannot log in to studio either. This authentication problem appears to lock you out of everything, but still lets you access the site.

Same problem here. When logging into Studio, it either crashes or displays this message:

I get this exact same issue, only sometimes it will load up, or fail entirely. I hope this gets settled. I don’t think it’s a server problem, the API might just be finicky due to the outage earlier?

Both opening Roblox games & Studio are giving errors. It says to log in when you open Studio & it shows error pop up when trying to join a game.

Joining a game:

Studio:

Groups also seem to be affected, as well as the whole website.

2 Likes

same here

Same but this doesn’t seem to occur on roblox mobile (at least for me)

Assuming it is talking about HTTP 429, something is exceeding Roblox’s ratelimits.

HTTP 429 - Too Many Requests

Something larger could be happening?

1 Like

It also sometimes gives 403 error

edit: also everyone online on my friends list seems to be able to access roblox normally

1 Like

403 means Forbidden which would explain the authentication errors I suppose.

HTTP 403 Forbidden

1 Like

403 refers to forbidden access, this is likely an issue within their Auth API endpoint :thinking:

1 Like

Im having the same issue, except when i try sign in on either roblox studio or on another browser for roblox, it says “too many attempts”, when that was my FIRST ATTEMPT!

I can vouch for this. When I gotten access to the Roblox Studio Site, after multiple attempts of logging in, it continues to load and does not respond.

Sometimes, it even does not open studio and stops at downloading notification. This issue is also happening to Roblox Support.

Roblox Support cannot be contacted currently. Ive tried to send a support ticket, repeatedly, saying that ive took too long to verify

[Dear Roblox Staff, if your reading this, please fix this error asap!! Us developers have deadlines to meet. Don’t make this another October 28.]

Hello, roblox is already working for fix The problem take a look At https://status.roblox.com/

Edit: Issue Fixed

Roblox is now working properly

1 Like

This issue is resolved.

If experiencing a similar issue, please create a new bug report.

3 Likes