Multiple issues with the waterfall effects tutorial

As the title states, there are multiple issues with the document. Those issues are as follows:

Transparency Graph Does Not Correspond to the Given Number Sequence

Under section 5: Configure White Water, Section b, the transparency graph shows this:

while it should look like this given the values of the number sequence:

Incorrect Texture ID For Rainbow Effect

I have discovered that the texture ID specified for the rainbow is incorrect. The one that is specified (rbxassetid://16828911033) is a rainbow but with a non-transparent black background. I had to search the toolbox images to find a suitable replacement.

Outline Numbering Resets in the Middle of the List

I noticed an issue with outline numbers with the lowercase Roman numerals under the letters, specifically section b (pictured above), it seems the numbering resets. Although the specific example is for section 5b, this is a recurring issue throughout the document.

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/docs/tutorials/building/effects/creating-waterfalls#configure-white-water

1 Like

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thank you for the report!

Hello @Maelstorm_1973! Thank you for reaching out about the Creating Waterfalls tutorial. You were absolutely right about the number sequence image displaying an incorrect graph, and the correct image is now live.

Regarding the rainbow texture, did you set the LightEmission property to 1 so that the engine renders the particles with additive blending? Including the texture with a black background instead of transparent background saves texture memory when using additive blending because it doesn’t need the alpha channel.

Regarding the outline numbers being mismatched, thank you for bringing this up. We’re aware of this issue and currently working on a solution.

No, I didn’t. In fact, I don’t remember seeing that in the tutorial. But when I made the changes and used the specified texture Id, it is working correctly.

I’m glad it’s working! Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other tutorial issues.