Multiple Lines in the Command Bar

As a Roblox Developer, it is hard to use the Command Line in Studio in some cases. This is because you cannot have more then one line in the bar. While the command bar is mostly used for small-scale pieces of code for testing. When it comes to using larger pieces of code that can span several lines, it gets very messy to deal with on the bar.

For an example. I have a snippet of code that grants a player’s DataStore key the premium currency. The code is only 16 lines long. But when pasted into the command bar. It can be confusing to read and hard to manage, and requires you to scroll side-to-side to view the rest of it. Which is very annoying in itself. While you can use the “Run Script” function for stuff like this. Because it requires a seperate .txt or .lua file. It’s quicker just to put it in the command bar.

Proposition

What I propose to Roblox is let us have multiple lines in the Command Bar. This’ll help make managing code put into it much easier and neater as you won’t need to cram it all on one line anymore. A lot of lines in the command bar will stretch it quite a bit vertically. So as a solution, after a few lines have been added, that the command bar becomes scrollable. Much like in Discord if you have too many lines in the message bar. As shown in the photo below.

57 Likes

I support this idea so much.

I do not know why it isn’t implemented yet

4 Likes

It gets confusing when you throw in comments. It stuff runs, but it acts like a comment.

5 Likes

Please make the command line like a script editor.
We are typing script inside it.

7 Likes

You can fix this by doing --[[Your comment here]]-- then your code after

You just need to use this format --[[ ]]–

1 Like

Yess i personally end up typing in a script and pasting to bar but it’d be useful if it supported severa lines.

There are instances where I wish to write loops for welding models or modifying welds etc which requires several lines.

1 Like