Multiple Roblox Players launched and expected channel name bug

Since 17th September I have been unable to join any experience on Roblox and have been able to launch multiple Roblox Players at the same time. However, none of these Roblox Players lead to joining the experience but instead remain running in the background. It is worth mentioning that none of these Roblox Players appear in my taskbar but can be viewed in the task manager.

Occasionally, I would get an error which says “An error occured and Roblox cannot continue. Expected channel name when using -channel, use “” for empty value”. However, this error has only happened once and that was today.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire F5-573G
System Type: x64-based PC

Multiple Roblox Players

Occasional error
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-23 at 22.05.31

22 Likes

It happens to me as well. I have no idea what may be causing this.

3 Likes

did you try pressing run as administrator? That worked for me.

6 Likes

running as administrator works when it needs to do an update and gives this error

3 Likes

declining every single admin perms requests actually solved my issue lol

2 Likes

“An error occured and Roblox cannot continue. Expected channel name when using -channel, use “” for empty value.”

Yes, I seemed to get the error message after trying to accept changes on my device. Running Roblox as an administrator seemed to solve the issue for me not being able to join any games.

I have tried running the Roblox Player as administrator and I have launched a corrupted version of the Roblox Player which never fully loaded. I have also tried launching an experience through the Roblox website whilst my corrupted Roblox Player was open but still to no avail.

i just got this issue recently

1 Like

+1 works for me
just click No to every administrator request and it will reinstall your corrupted roblox game files

1 Like

+2
This is what worked for me as well! I just clicked No to every admin prompt…

Yep. I recently got this while trying to join Racer Zero. The only way to probably workaround this is to be a Python / Visual Studio Code(r) and fix the issue.

After waiting for over 2 months for this bug to be patched, I had no choice but to format my computer. I am now able to launch Roblox experiences from the Roblox app in the Microsoft Store, but I am still unable to launch Roblox experiences from the Roblox website. Additionally, I am still able to launch multiple Roblox Players at the same time.