Multiple words/phrases being filtered for no apparent reason

Last week, the filter also censored “Among Us”. lol

1 Like

I am not surprised, that should be censored.

1 Like

I know that the game is stupid, but the term itself should not be censored, as it is also an everyday phrase. It would not be fair if someone said “The other players among us are too powerful to beat!”, for example.

3 Likes

The word “meow” is being filtered.

Edit: “Rawr” and “cord”

And for gods sake we all know why.

2 Likes

Again, a common english word “Something” tags the full sentence despite using normal words. Is it because of a “thing” in that word?

Edit: Thanks OP for adding to the list!

3 Likes

Update: It seems Roblox has been checking this thread over the past few days and gradually fixed the words listed in the OP (ex. staff, minigame, button, something, etc). All of the ones mentioned above have now been fixed. If you look carefully, you’ll notice all of the incorrectly censored words usually have an inappropriate word hidden in them, which I assume is why they’re being filtered. I’ll mark this as a solution for now; feel free to keep posting any more words that are impacted by this in here so they can be uncensored, and thanks to whoever at Roblox is checking this thread and unflagging them. :smile:

Edit: Removed the ‘Solution’ mark from this as another affected word has been found.

3 Likes

My friend been trying to say “Among Us” but it entierly tags. Not so important but what if peoples talks about other games and it tags all their sentence and forget it.

I confirm that something is fixed!

2 Likes

Thank you for making a post about this. I did make a post but it got flagged and removed.

2 Likes

Hopefully they also fix up the word ‘therapist’. Noticed it gets censored relentlessly now.

2 Likes

im pretty sure there is a valid reason why that is filtered

When I’m saying a sentence such as “You need to seek a therapist”, it shouldn’t be censored.

Yes, we know what the issue is, but if you guys are gonna boast AI tech being utilized for your moderation, maybe try and make it seem like it’s actually working instead of finding keywords and filtering without context.

7 Likes

The word “scooter” has started being filtered now. It also seems asset IDs are being filtered as well, which didn’t use to be the case previously either.

2 Likes

The filter is just complete nonsense, you can’t even write a single digit number in chat, worse thing is that it also applies to naming Assets, how can i organize myself if i can’t even write numbers by themselves?

3 Likes

Throwing my hat into the ring too with seemingly innocent words/phrases being filtered. A group I develop for called Vuga is totally filtered across the site and in-game.

We’ve had to get around it by adding a hyphen or a space in-between the word whenever we use it on group walls, in chat, game descriptions, etc.

That workaround has been anything but, because people aren’t finding our group or our game due to the word “Vuga” being filtered during search requests.

Like OP stated when they made the thread, I can’t see why this is being filtered. It was a word our dev team made up that doesn’t mean anything.

3 Likes

“supervisor” also gets tagged now.

2 Likes

Okay, now I’m mad, which one over at ROBLOX decided that ‘damn’ gets tagged after YEARS of it being fine.

Seriously, though, ‘damn’ is now tagged after it being fine since I had my account in 2021.

4 Likes

I think this is why my group’s name “Analemma” is suddenly being filtered, so I can’t even use it anywhere on Roblox. Must be strict enough to filter an entire word if there’s a blacklisted word in it (ex. Analytics)

2 Likes

i noticed they censor the word “damn” a lot more lately. might be intentional, but it was becoming integral to my vocabulary :pensive:
on a funnier note, for some reason if you say “olivia rodrigo”, any more messages you post for the next 20-ish chats, regardless of context or content, will be completely tagged. me and my sister were messing around and noticed this, pretty weird lol
edit: i also did notice that links to the devforum, specifically bulletin boards, were getting censored in game descriptions. the only way to combat it would be to somehow shorten it or be lucky enough to, well, not get censored.

2 Likes

i did notice this as well. trying to say “something something” would tag the whole sentence. there goes one of my favorite forms of humor

Recently, I have experienced one that I find very odd. The sentence “I muted them” (even including specific pronouns like “him” or “her”) gets filtered out. I could only say it when I changed it to “I set them to mute”.