Music exploits on Filtering Enabled

Yeah, I understand and I know they want to fix it but I think that they can not delete the game because of their own issue they are facing.

Yeah, I assume not. But this has to be removed because of the safe guarding issues which revolves around it for younger players.

1 Like

Yes, your game is at risk of being put under review if a feature in your game is abused to play inappropriate songs very often, and players report on this often enough for your specific game. You can easily mitigate this by having a pre-screened selection of songs. Most players hate typing in IDs anyway.

1 Like

I feel as if you could just log the music ID’s being played and blacklist each individual inappropriate ID.

Most of the bypassed IDs I’ve come across in the past weren’t recently uploaded and dated back to 2015-2018. The whole issue is tracking them down since not every player will report the ID for a numerous of reasons:

• They’re currently using these IDs.
  • They gain nothing from getting the ID removed.

While roblox may not offer rewards, developers could encourage players to “snitch” by offering in game benefits. Police have relied on this tactic to track down criminals so clearly this method works.

So we’re punished for players misusing a feature designed by Roblox? I’ll keep that in mind.

You are responsible for the content in your game. Roblox did not create a universal boombox feature, developers implement this into their games themselves.

8 Likes

I consider that more of a loophole but a valid point regardless.

Nobody complains to Unity or epic games for developers using those systems for allowing inappropriate content into their games.

Yes, Roblox’s filters don’t catch every bad piece of content that passes through their systems. It is impossible for such a system to do that 100% of the time.

As developers we have the power and responsibility to control what reasonably happens in our games, and what content players can see and hear.

It is kind of harsh, but that’s the situation. We just do best to make what we love within the standards set.

4 Likes

Roblox have created multiple gears that give players the ability to play any song ID:

If their players play inappropriate songs with these gears, should games that allow gear be moderated?

5 Likes

I completely agree however to punish the developer directly seems rather extreme. I feel as if it would be more fair to the developer if the misused feature(s) located within the game were removed instead of the entire game.

1 Like

Apples and pears. Different platforms, different audiences, different policies/standards.

Then report it as a bug. Tools shouldn’t be able to play songs that aren’t listed as “Free” in the Library since they have “Allow Copying” turned off.

Moderators are not game developers. They can’t dismantle a feature in your game, they don’t know how your game is programmed. Only you know that.

3 Likes

It’s worth mentioning that boomboxes without a whitelist have been explicitly against the rules since the audio copyright and APM partnership was bought in. Roblox just doesn’t always enforce it and it’s often ignored.

5 Likes

Then why isn’t a whitelist provided in this open source?

Presumably because they were made before the rules changed, and weren’t retroactively updated

My bad—I meant any free song. Still, if developers’ games will be moderated if players are able to play inappropriate songs, then any games that allow gear infringe this policy, since Roblox have multiple gears that give players this functionality.

@madattak

1 Like

Report it as a proper bug report.

Don’t use the outdated concept of boombox gears as a contorted argument to prove a point. There is no point, it’s against the rules formally, and Roblox should update the gears to follow the rules as well.

(Same for @Dandystan – you’re getting hung up on this boombox argument as well)

4 Likes

Will do. Could we receive a link to the relevant rules for reference?

See the note on “Allow Copying” on the configuration page of an asset. It describes that other creators are only allowed to use that asset when Allow Copying = true.

See the relevant rules about APM library in the terms of service. You must ensure that you use at most 250 APM tracks per game. Technically, this cannot be satisfied when there is a boombox gear in your game that can play any track, since that means all users collectively could use up more than 250 tracks from the APM library in your game. (This rule is not enforced)

The Roblox Community Guidelines and Terms of Service describe that creators should ensure positive experiences and are responsible for content in their games.

4 Likes

I feel that if your game can go under review for a gear that Roblox has made themselves then that’s a massive loophole and extremely unfair to the developer.

2 Likes

It’s not a loophole at all - but it should be reflected by Roblox staff and clarified, I agree with that.