Music - How To Monetize Music?

I do have a friend who is a musician. I was thinking, he could write and compose really great music for games and experiences. However, I was wondering, how he could monetize his music on the Roblox platform?

Thanks for any ideas, hints and suggestions,
appreciate it!

2 Likes

Post it on studio and ask for people opinion can be one of the option. Or go on pls donate or something like that. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’d say either try the Talent Hub (I’ve seen quite a lot of developers in need of SFX/OST for their games there) or Developer Discord servers (Hidden Devs, Roblox Dev Hub, etc.), where in addition to applying to already existing job posts, users can also make their own “for-hire” portfolio posts.

1 Like

thank you very much. I guess, it’s not possible for musicians to monetize their music somehow directly with a Roblox Game or Experience, right?

They totally can do that! The problem however is who going to play? My point is Roblox recommendation sucks so to make a game (which already took a lot of effort) and you want people to play, you have to promote it good as well. The reaching scope isn’t the best honestly.