Music in certain areas

So in my game lobby, there are different areas. A cave area, open area, etc. I think it would give a good feel to the game to have different music paying in each area. I’ve thought up a few different ways of accomplishing this but none of which are particularly great. Here they are.

Touch activated bricks at the entrances/exits of these areas that change a music object
Constant proximity check to see if they are around an invisible brick, if they are play a certain music
invisible bricks with sound on the server side with a limited range so you can only hear it when you are in the area.

If possible I would like the sounds to be local. How would you personally go about doing this?

6 Likes

I think the best way to go about it is a touch activated so you can make sure when you pass certain areas or enter rooms that they will play the music of your choice.

Could you edit the title to be representative of your problem?

1 Like

You could use Region3 to check if the player is in the region and if they are, play the audio. If they left the region, you can just stop the audio. Another method is using bricks and having a touched event connected to it. I would personally use Region3, but that is my preference.

2 Likes

done