Muting people affects everyone

I think this is a bug but if set somebody to muted then it has everyone else set to muted as well

I’m on the mobile website so idk what is going on with that

4 Likes

An interesting side effect is unmuting a different person because it mutes everyone, it unmutes the individual you intended to mute, as well as everyone else. Unmuting anyone fixes it though. Also seems to happen with the “ignore” feature (only available to TL2+)

1 Like

oh wow I didn’t know the ignore feature had these problems as well

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the report! Are you still experiencing this issue on your side?

1 Like

I muted the top image’s profile and it showed muted when I went to check a random profile

as you can see from the top photo I realized that this is only visual because only the first one was muted

so I guess the problem is that it shows muted for people who aren’t muted

EDIT: it will say every profile is muted even if you reset the page

EDIT2: if you unmute in preferences it unmutes everybody visually which is good

2 Likes

can confirm this still happens

1 Like

I can reproduce this, it appears to be a visual glitch only (not actually having everyone muted), I will file a bug report with Discourse about the visual glitch. Thanks for the report.

2 Likes

On Tuesday, June 21st, 1:20p.m:
reproduction steps: go to a user’s profile, select the “Normal” drop-down on the top-right, mute the user
it is supposed to only mute the targeted user, but after you mute that user it will also show that other users are muted, even those you never muted
targeted user:

after the fact that the user has been muted, it also shows that other people you didn’t mute are muted;

edit: nice bump mod