Mutiple pages in my game won't work

theEarlierBoolValue and distance are not found what do i replace them with?

Distance is supposed to be a variable retrieved from Player:DistanceFromCharacter(page.Position), forgot to include that. I’ll edit the code sample. theEarlierBoolValue is meant to be the BoolValue in your script called InRange.

My code is meant to be a sample and not something to have been copy-pasted necessarily. You have to fill in the blanks yourself.

Nvm, I now know how to do the special code thing.

I don’t quite understand what the theEarlierBoolValue should mean?
Your scripting is way out of my understanding.

I’ll be back in 5 minutes to reply.

By this, he means your script.Parent.Inrange BoolValue. You can either replace it with script.Parent.Inrange or use:

local theEarlierBoolValue = script.Parent.Inrange

Oh okay, thanks a bunch. I hope i’m not asking too much everytime lol

Also why can’t i upload my place for you guys to download to see my bad code?
It won’t upload

you can copy it from there :slight_smile:

if you want, I can invite you with team create and explain things to you that way

But Basically,
I created a script that adds a folder to ‘watch’ what keys the player is pressing
I then created a localscript to monitor that the E key is being pressed
that localscript sends a call to the server and stores the value of E (true or false)
then the objects in the game just check if there are any close by players, and if so, check if they are pressing E by the value we were storing.

Don’t forget to leave me a heart if this helps anyone in the future :slight_smile: :heart:

No worries, the DevForum is a place for help and collaboration - no one is here to judge or criticise. Asking is a good way of learning, you’re not required to be at any level of competence here.

As for uploading, if you upload it directly here as a .rbxl or .rbxlx file it should upload without problem.

I tried uploading a rblxl file but after awhile it says upload failed :stuck_out_tongue:

for now i have to go eat dinner

I am back, Should i add you to my teamcreate in my game?
Maybe you can show me what would be more effecient?

Because the “E” Isn’t the problem

Here’s a copy of the place to show you how i made it

I understand your issue.

I am trying to help without giving the whole thing lol. Just add me as friend and I’ll pull you in. Show you what to do next :slight_smile:

sorry. Look for paradigm_dinosaurs

thats my developer account

Edit: i see you already did.

you can join now