Mutual friends feature

User story

As a Roblox player, I want to be able to see the friends that I have in common with other users so that I can add them and play with them with the friends we have in common.

How will this be used?

This feature would allow Roblox users to quickly see which friends they have in common with another user. When a user sends a friend request to another, the person receiving the friend request would easily be able to see how many mutual friends they have with the user and should be able to click on it to show a list of the mutual friends they have, if any. A feature to the settings page could also be added so that only users with mutual friends can send them a friend request, message etc.

Please feel free to reply with any additional ideas/feedback about this feature request.

112 Likes

Sounds like a twitter feature. I enjoy that. Support!

11 Likes

Support!

8 Likes

Roblox say they want to be more social, so they should start to move in that direction with the website itself.

8 Likes

I agree, this feature could help transition Roblox to a more social platform.

8 Likes

This is already a feature on multiple platforms, it should be a Roblox one too. Support.

3 Likes

this is a neat idea that should’ve been implemented a long time ago.

2 Likes

I actually did a hack-week on this last year. The company that makes this tech is a five minute walk from Roblox HQ. Although my original plan was to show the “magic of un-friendship”… (matchmaking based on users you have unfriended or reported for abuse.)

11 Likes

This has been on our roadmap for a while! We are definitely aware of this need.

16 Likes

Encourages communities to interact more, stronger friendship bonds. Promotes social activities. Support, great idea. +1

4 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If this was ever to be implemented, this should definitely be made optional and only available to users that are 13+.

4 Likes

As a Roblox user, it is currently too hard to determine whether a user may share common interests as me.

It’s safe to assume mutual friends may share common interests with me or my friend group, however I currently have to sift through my friend requests and check each users profile until I see they’re a mutual friend.

I propose that there is a dedicated section added to your profile, a small checkmark, or a visual distinction in your friend requests (such as a green highlighted name/avatar) to identify mutual friends.

Not only will this be good for standard users to find friends who share common interests, however as a Roblox developer it will help expand my games player base as users who already play my game can more easily find other users who share their interests and play my game.

The feature could be expanded to groups too, however that is out of scope from this feature request.

3 Likes