My 1st Action Orchestral Music

Hello! I’m currently working on a game just for a fun of it, so I created this music piece in FL Studio 20 (Producer Edition)

This music is Orchestral Music, something that I’m not good at since I make Metal music, but I gave it a try and I want some opinions you guys think. How would I improve it?

Also if you wants want more details here it is:

Instruments
3 Tom’s | Sleigh Bells | Tringles | Woodblock | Chello | Violin | Snare | Crash Symbol | Gong

Software
FL Studio Producter Edition
$200 USD | €190 Euro

BPM

And a Image if you guys are curious of what it look like

4 Likes

I think the composition itself is good, but the extremely repetitive drum at beginning could either use some variety in use or in samples.

1 Like

Right off the bat (and seeing the instruments), I would not consider this to be the “orchestra” but maybe a small chamber of some sort (not really sure as I’ve never seen an instrumentation like this before). Sorry for starting off so picky lol

It feels very anti-climatic as it seems to be using the same idea over and over again. You may want to start the piece off with another theme that sounds very subtle, slow, quiet and then build up to the climatic part. Just from looking at the screenshot you provided, there’s really no variation in notes or the sound; everything is very similar throughout with no real contrast to it.

I would suggest listening to more orchestral music to get a hang of how it should go, also try to use a more standard orchestra setup as I think it’ll help you out a lot when trying to get music out of the instrumentation. If need be, first start with a string quartet (violin I, violin II, viola, cello) and see what you can get out of that before moving to an orchestra (flutes, oboes, clarinets, bassoons, horns, trumpets, trombones, tuba, percussion, violin I’s, violin II’s, violas, cellos, basses).

Good luck!

2 Likes

Kinda reminds me of age of empires. Nostalgia

1 Like

it sounds really Good :notes:

also i did see that your Music will be soon on Spotify.

1 Like

Yeah, It would be released when I get my other music in order

GarageBand (Noob) is free.
LMMS (Pro) is also free.