My animations are "small"

Prologue

Finally I waited nearly a month just to fix a problem that is probably so small even 5 year olds can fix bruh roblox please nerf the days we need to visit before we become member I read 40 topics in one single day AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyways, I’m completely new to developing, after experiencing a few problems with games that bring you to new servers like Arcane Odyssey or Break In…
Okay it’s not a few problems, it’s one big problem cuz I live in Taiwan and half the time I have to wait like 5 minutes or so just to be slapped in the face with 1 million ping servers or ID=17 error codes.

So, why not make my own game then, besides, studio doesn’t lag(for me at least)

And here I am, asking probably one of the most… how do I descriibe it, trivial problems? feels trivial, except I can’t fix it, and I need help.

I’m an R15 enjoyer
So I’m having this problem where the animations I make are “small”… showing you would be faster.

As you can see in the first part the animation is as I want it, and in the second part, the animation is, well, small.
I’ve searched all over youtube, RobloxDevForum, and I even asked ChatGPT about it but I haven’t been able to find an answer for this

Here’s another example, sitting on a throne(ignore me playing with punch tool plz it doesn’t work)

My avatar’s joints just outright refuse to bend, I mean cmon in real life we can bend even further.

One last example, which is swinging a sword(2 animations when using the tool)

Same problem with before, even when I put the animation inside the tool, nothing works right.
This time I watched out by not moving the joints so much and use the “move” instead of “rotate” for a few parts.

A few additional problems I’m having are that:

1. After closing properties for the first time, now I can only open it from view and it’s very annoying that it doesn’t automatically open up whenever I click somethign in the explorer and showup under the explorer
  2. Sometimes my explorer expands very large and it covers half of my screen so I have to manually shove it back in place so I can actually see what I’m working on the baseplate.

Did I mention I needed help? I’ll put this here anyways.

And no I have no monee plz don’t tell me to get Moon Animator 2 I have no bobux thank you.
I think this is a nice first post.

1 Like

Do you have the animation priority set to “Action”?
It seems like it’s on the same state as the idle so the animation is going kind of “between”, or “small” as you stated.
Alternatively this could be an issue with animation weight, so maybe set that to a very high number as well.

1 Like

I have no idea what “Action” or “Animation Weight” means, is there a tutorial out there about this.
or plz explain ty

What’s the script? How are you loading the animation?
Kinda can’t help if I don’t have those…

inside the animation editor there are three dots, click it, near the bottom of the list there should be the option to set it, set as action, or anything under

these have higher priority over the ones above
Screenshot 2023-09-23 235254

i see… I didn’t realize they may be related.
I don’t have the script for the first imgur since I gave up on that project.
The other scripts are copies from free models on yt and toolbox free stuff

Throne(free aniamtion seat from toolbox):

This is a mess

seat = script.Parent
function added(child)
if (child.className==“Weld”) then
human = child.part1.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”)
if human ~= nil then
anim = human:LoadAnimation(seat.sitanim)
anim:Play()
end
end
end

function removed(child2)
if anim ~= nil then
anim:Stop()
anim:Remove()
end
end

seat.ChildAdded:connect(added)
seat.ChildRemoved:connect(removed)

StarterSword(From yt):

This is a bigger mess

local Turn = 1
local Damage = 20
local Cooldown = 0.03

script.Parent.Activated:Connect(function()
if script.Parent.Cooldown.Value == false then
script.Parent.Cooldown.Value = true
script.Parent.CanDamage.Value = true

local Humanoid = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid
	local Anim1 = Humanoid:LoadAnimation(script.Parent.Attack1)
	local Anim2 = Humanoid:LoadAnimation(script.Parent.Attack2)

if Turn == 1 then
		Anim1:Play()
		Turn = 2

Anim1.Stopped:wait(Cooldown)
		script.Parent.CanDamage.Value = false
		script.Parent.Cooldown.Value = false

elseif Turn == 2 then
		Anim2:Play()
		Turn = 1

Anim2.Stopped:Wait(Cooldown)
		script.Parent.Cooldown.Value = false
	end
else
	return
end

end)

script.Parent.Handle.Touched:Connect(function(Hit)
if Hit.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”) then
local Humanoid = Hit.Parent.Humanoid

if script.Parent.CanDamage.Value == true then
		Humanoid:TakeDamage(Damage)
	else
		return
	end
else
	return
end

end)

I see Idle, Movement, buncha Actions
What exactly does the Action define, like detecting MouseButton1s or E Keys?
If so, how does that work for games that may have 8 skill keybinds in the same tool, which the Actions only go up to Action4

Actions are for emotes, or combat actions, sword swing, guns stuff, really anything

Core is, something
Idle is idle
movement is walking, jumping, running, etc
Action and its extras are for what i said above

you can use that to follow override, or you can

set its weight to something near to blend them

2 Likes

finally the solution, after 26 days i found out my guess was right and i only had to press one button
time to check the solution box

maybe the additional problems will be for another day

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.