My brother's rare hat was lost to a hacker

This may be an innappropriate place to put this but we’re kind of at our wits end

Back in 2010 when “Al Cpwn” went on sale, I urged my brother to buy it with me
This is in his trade history all the way back to 2010:

(Only 300 R$ I know)

Since then this has become a very valuable hat, with its value hovering around 200,000 R$
Surely this is a great reason to find a way to break into my brother’s account, which did happen early last year.

When his account was ransacked, all the hats got offloaded to various accounts.

(From one of my correspondence emails with Roblox support; I supplied details of every trade made)

Now, my brother is not a trader. His account was unoccupied for a long time, so even when he got hacked he couldn’t have known for a while. Shortly after, the account was terminated, but we worked with Roblox support to open his account back up. (To see almost every item stripped from it)

Al Cpwn was traded to a user known as Peph

(A more recent screenshot that also includes ID:)

#483 was the hat ID.

I made sure to report every single account involved in the hacking (a bunch of them were terminated by the time I got around to them anyway)
Peph, the account this set of items went to, is now deleted.

Here’s the annoying thing:

The account may or may not have offloaded this hat to another account- which is quite stupid because the tracking ID makes it easy to tell who is associated with the hack.

If you go to the page of Al Cpwn: Al Capwn - Roblox

MAYBE Peph offloaded the hat to another account, or the hat has remained “cursed” through several transactions and being linked back to associated with hackers or shady sites.
Whatever the fate is, the hat is now on a deleted account. Lost to the ether of the internet.

… Now I know there’s a 30 day grace period from the time of your account being hacked to potential “rollback” of items. Unfortunately I had successful correspondence with the support team several weeks too late. (Lots of confusion had to be cleared up and we were thrown between like 5 or 6 different support team members)

But surely tracking trades and the ID of this hat, as well as recognizing the patterns of the original owner (suddenly losing a ton of RAP in one go) should be evident to what really happened.

I’m curious if anyone else here had similar stories, or (crossing fingers) if there are any moderators or admins that could help with this

EDIT: Found this: Roblox Limited Item UAID 233860544 - Rolimon's
All unique owners of this hat. Unfortunately it’s made trades through many accounts (I’ll be sure to go through and report the owners directly linked to the hacker)

1 Like

You should message Roblox about this, they will help you if your account was hacked (not scammed). Sadly if it has been over 30 days theres nothing you can do about it.

Understandable but this seems like it could be a special case
There’s a clear history with the hat, the date of a hijacking, traced trades between accounts that have since been deemed problematic and permanently deleted, AND the hat is currently and completely “unowned”
The hat has a specific id associated with it so it’s not impossible to track.

This is probably well above the heads of standard support team but someone with more acute sense or control can probably deal with this with no issues- hence why I’m making this post in addition to a normal ticket (Which, from experience, I’m not getting my hopes up with)

This unfortunately is by no means a special case, when I was scammed 600,000 dev-exable robux, I made a ticket and they simply said to use the report abuse button, you will simply have to wait for support and pray that you get someone who actually has a brain.

1 Like

In 2017 I got my email, Discord, and Roblox account hijacked. The hijacker traded away my Dominus Rex, about 300k Robux, and pretty much everything else on my account and THEN proceeded to use MY email account to send an email to the Roblox support email with the keylogging excel file he used on me to the ROBLOX SUPPORT EMAIL, WITH MY REAL NAME.

It was not a good week for me, but eventually I was able to prove I owned the account via the original email I signed up with on the account. Roblox support tracks the IP addresses of the logins to see if you had suspicious login activity and if you do, they will do a one-time restore of your account and ban everyone who touched the stolen items.

Sidenote - I eventually got back into my gmail account somehow and I was able to track the address and personal information of the person who took the account. Based on the search history on MY email account, he was a college student.
TL;DR - Don’t risk your college livelihood for something as stupid as stealing someone’s Roblox account.

EAT YOUR 2FA

3 Likes

You legit owned that dude

One time my account and Gmail got compromised too, but the recovery email attached to my email can see where the person was doing it from. They were from Iran. Smh.

@Aurarus

So, there’s no way that your brother got the hat back?

1 Like

We asked about it in the initial ticket but because back then it was like ~2 months after it took place (like I said, support kept throwing us back and forth with people not reading our ticket) we might’ve missed the 30 day window because of them.
We did not get the hat back during that time. This post is kind of a hail mary, because to anyone who can read and put 2 and 2 together it’s kind of clearly obvious what happened and what the solution is.

It’s also kind of frustrating Roblox has no security measures in places for clearly malicious actions.
If my account suddenly comes back from a long break, logs in from a totally different IP, starts en masse trading all my hats for FAR lower value trades, especially after having a history of no trading at all, it should prompt lots of security measures/ lock the account down.

Roblox offers the ability to reset your account once but it sounds like you’re maybe stuck which is really really unfortunate.

I’ve had luck with opening support tickets several times when I get stuck with annoying responses since sometimes your ticket will get massively underprioritized.

I’d say that you should specify at the top that you’re requesting a reset asap as well, and that you have been waiting very long and you need it urgently or you may lose the item permantly. Sometimes I’ve noticed you can get staff who will completely misunderstand your intentions or your request, or might just not be fully informed or something I’m not really sure, but, being clear and emphasizing urgency (even if you exaggerate a little) has helped me in the past.

I lost one of my first ever accounts (the name of the account was gianttreefrog) and that account has history on it that is basically lost to time. I had no luck as support staff needed me to use the original email linked to the account. Either no email was linked or the linked email is literally deleted off of Gmail as I somehow cannot access it (or even reset it, it’s like it never existed).

I actually think that the gianttreefrog account may have links to some really neat Roblox history that’s very very subtle (I wish I could look into that) but I’m not sure anymore and I can’t verify it at all.

I also have an account of which I think is actually deleted. The name, I do not have, and the account is from 2009 or 2010 (it was my first account EVER)

Generally, if it was a compromised account, the item will become poisoned if traded, which means anyone who possesses it (besides the original account) will get banned. This allows Roblox to revert the transaction without it affecting too much.

Whether you’ll get help is a different question altogether, Roblox’s support team is 90% bots, so the chance of you actually getting help from a real person is almost impossible. Usually if you push back at the automated message, it forces a real person to respond to the issue

1 Like