My custom chat system (BetterChat V3)

It looks like I’ll have some version of release functional in early to late March. I’m aware this seems like a long time, but I have some really cool features I want to add to make this chat even more unique.

One of them being:

• Minigames

You will have the option to toggle minigames in the settings and then users can create them through the chat and play them entirely within the chat.

Examples would be like:

• Uno
  • Rock paper scissors

As always,

Polls

Would this be a nice addition to the chat?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Epic, you should also add heads or tails

2 Likes

What is that? Like a coin-flip?

2 Likes

Ye, you guess if it’s heads or tails

1 Like

I’ve been working on an update and after Roblox updated, most of my scrolling frames stopped working properly. Can anyone else reproduce this in the testing game? Primarily the things like the autofill with ‘:sunglass’

No clue if this is an engine bug or not, I haven’t made any updates to the UI.

I personally think that putting mini games in a chat system just doesn’t go well together. I mean, basically turning the chat into a separate game?? I think that you should not implement this.

I have some features I think would be cool and keep the chat as a chat and not a game:

• Make a poll, similar to the ones on devforum.
  • Global chat, I’m not sure if you already said something about this above.
  • Perhaps a quick chat option? I know that whenever playing a pvp game this could be helpful.
  • If you decide to make a quick chat you could make the option to save quick chats into your chat, so that it saves across games and you only have the quick chat messages that you would actually use.
2 Likes

I personally agree that the chat should be a chat and the minigames would sort of sidetrack the viewers from the actual game. I also think your suggestions sound like they would go pretty well with this particular plugin.

2 Likes

Yup, the emoji autocomplete is not displayed.

Try downloading older versions of the place and see if any of them fix the problem.

1 Like

Can you elaborate more on this?

I haven’t updated it, this is a Roblox bug.

To be fair it does look amazing.

I see how that can be confusing :sweat_smile:. Basically it would be me saving a message (pretending the message is “Rush blue”) to data store. Then in a chat there would be something called quick chat, when you click on it you can click saved messages, then all the messages you’ve saved (like the “Rush blue” example I have above.) would display on the menu. When you click the message it sends it! I assume there would also be a button to save it to data store as said above.

If you have any questions I can answer them, as I’m not doing to well at explaining :no_mouth:

1 Like

I love this I have always been a fan of better chat
I do have one question will this support HD admin hope to hear from you soon😀

Edit: will we be able to change the bubble chat to a custom one like the default Roblox one
This is just a question because whether the answer is yes or no I’m still gonna use you bubble chat

If you are ever going to release it to the public, add settings such as, when a user sends a message either in a bubble or in text, write it from letter to letter (like piggy)

1 Like

this is wonderful!! though i have a few suggestions
right clicking to reply or edit your message is a good function, but i worry about not being able to do this on mobile due to a lack of a “right click” kind of thing. how do you plan to tackle that?

Holding it down like IOS does (probably other brands do this but I don’t have experience w others)

that’s fair!! i also worry that the font size might be a little small, but i don’t know how it looks on phone / mobile at the moment. i do have a 4k monitor and it does appear a smidge small for me, so it might be somethin to think about

It looks nice on mobile for me, but I have 20/15 vision so that’s probably biased. If anyone is bothered by the font size, do tell.

There will be an option to change the text size in like a little menu though, in fact let me get some images of it.

I’ve been taking a break from the chat though, my mental health needs to relax before I can continue working if I want this chat to actually look good at the end.

5 Likes

Thanks for taking a break! It’s really important to do this as I’ve seen many people who develop too much and then have to end up taking a 1-2 month break instead of taking a day break and not developing too much. Come back whenever you are ready and take more breaks if you ever feel overwhelmed. We’re here to support you not to rush you.

- Land <3

1 Like

im so hyped! cant wait to have it in my game and good job!

2 Likes

I’ll be working on this again soon with the new upcoming API seen here

Also, this will be a painful update since the existing channel code I wrote is like 400 lines of code so wish me luck! <3

Edit edit: Also messages need to be overhauled too to be supported with the new system.

Primary todo:

• Overhaul messages, replies, channels
  • Create API interactions
  • Release for alpha

Note:

• Removing group chats for now, they’ll be implemented again later.
Are you excited for the chat system?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes