My custom chat system (BetterChat V3)

Get it now!

Just released it!

Introduction

I’m working on my new custom chat system and I’m pretty proud of it right now! It has a ton of cool features that I’ll show off here! (note if the images are slightly faded thats just bc im bad at taking screenshots lol)

Showcase

Custom bubble chat and channel bar

Autofill menu

Sleek resizing button (idk how to record this lol

User mentioning

Message replies and editing

Rich text support!

**bold** (really red / colored) ***bold italics?*** __under__ ~~strike~~

Localization support too!

Best-of-all?

This chat will be a public resource for you to use in your games in a few weeks when it’s completed. It will come with tons of configurations!

Want to test it?

(not 100% up-to-date with the main branch I’m working on but it’s close for most of these features)

Feedback

I’d love feedback for the system in the replies and responses to bugs!

112 Likes

I love it! The UI is amazing (it looks much better than roblox’ UI, sorry roblox!) And also looking at the emoji feature, it reminds me of Discord. I would love to have this in my game. An amazing 9.8/10!

13 Likes

That’s the goal! I hope it can make socialization via chat in games more interactive than the default chat offers.

Things like this for roleplays and stuff.

I even added viewport frame icons so if you’re updating the avatar in like an avatar-editor in game it’ll update in live-time.

6 Likes

This looks absouletly AMAZING, the options you have and can do is very nice also the User interface looks great!

4 Likes

Incredible. I knew it would turn out to be great!

Amazing job :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is one of the best custom chats I’ve seen on Roblox, I look forward to seeing the progress on the system in the near future! This has potential and I’d like to see it get some attention :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

I have an idea that you could add to this project, which is editing the messages. If you hover on it you can see a small pencil icon which you can press to edit your message.

5 Likes

I find it perfect and a sublime softener!
Can emojis be customized through images?

2 Likes

Any feature requests for it in the future?

5 Likes

Like custom-emojis? I was going to implement that in my ORIGINAL custom chat system but I discovered the ‘TextWrapped’ property is too unstable to attach images to text properly.

4 Likes

The messages are editable. You can click a message you typed, and then edit it to your liking.

6 Likes

I updated it to include a context menu now when you right click it or hold it on mobile so you can edit / reply and it’s mobile + desktop friendly. You can also still click to edit.

4 Likes

Sorry lol I didn’t see it :joy:

5 Likes

Hmmm, maybe you could add the option for local player ui customization?

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it, I just don’t know how to find translators for localization. Any ideas for customization?

3 Likes

Well,

you could include colour options (colour blindness mode possibly) also for developers you could have the option to make gamepasses for things like coloured nametags.

Additionally, you could allow players to adjust ui transparency possibly.

Theres surprisingly a lot you can do with chat, but I must say this system is really neat for what it is! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

did you filter the text?
this should be the new roblox chat
can you make an api an post it in #resources:community-resources ?
make messages deletable

2 Likes

I love it! Absolutely amazing. Just 3 things. Maybe make the bobble chat animation slower. It took me a while to reallize there is one. 2. I think you should remove the avatar picture next to the message because it’s very small and pixelated (its a small image after all so you cant really do anything about it)

You should make it so lower case letters also work for the auto fill.

These are just details. Overall your custom chat system is amazing! It would be cool if roblox made their’s more like this.

5 Likes

Of course!

?

Pixelation part is not my fault but it’s toggleable in the chat settings

It doesn’t match properly when it isn’t lowercase and the autofill starts looking all wonky since character space is different. I might be able to like morph their username to be lowercase where you used lowercase but it just doesn’t feel practical.

2 Likes

Read the post more clearly and read which category this post is in and you’ll find the answer to your question.

1 Like