My Development Journey - GameDevSky's DevBlog

Hello everyone! :wave:

It’s me, Sky, an avid User Interface + User Experience designer as well as a beginner programmer. I am also an avid programmer I would say.

I’m best at User Interface design and I’d say that I am getting better when it comes to User Experience design and I am learning more when it comes to User Experience design and I am enhancing my skills when it comes to User Interface design.

I’m also trying to learn programming with doing User Interface design and User Experience design.

This is basically a development blog for my journey for Roblox game development. I’ll try posting as many works as I can on this topic.

I will probably not post a lot of my past/previous works, but starting from now, I’ll be trying my best to post all my work on this topic (programming, UI + UX design and any other development I do such as building and modelling).

Please let me know if this is not the correct category to be posting this.

Expect work coming on this topic soon… :eyes:

Have a great rest of your day everyone! :slight_smile:

-GameDevSky

2 Likes

Hi there! :wave:

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Well, this topic I’ve created is meant to show off creations I create so I’m assuming that #help-and-feedback:cool-creations would be the correct category.

I understand I can also do this in #bulletin-board (would be a better and more appropriate place to post this topic), but one thing I didn’t mention was that sometimes, I will be looking for some feedback on certain things and people cannot do replies on #bulletin-board topics.

Have a great rest of your day. :slight_smile:

-GameDevSky

1 Like

Hmmm so practically a mega thread for your creations, interesting… though people can show feedback on bulletin board topics through likes, but it’s up to you.

Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Hello everyone! :wave:

Alrighty, so as said on the topic, I’ll be showing off my work on this Roblox DevForums topic.

This is GameDevSky’s DevBlog development journey #01.

Okay, so firstly, I’ve been working on some programming. What have I been working on exactly for programming?

Well all I’ll say is that this specific creation I’m about to show is small and secondly, it’s a project me and my friends are working on.

Here’s a video recording of something I’ve worked on (I did some UI tweening, worked with scripting text labels and repositioning and resizing UIs with scripts as well as create a jump pad):

I’m also currently working on an open sourced UI template (it has not been released yet, but it will be very soon).

Here’s how it looks as of now:

You may see a few things off, but everything will be organized, scaled, and labeled once the User Interfaces get imported into Roblox.

The place will be an open sourced place where people can just instantly take a copy of the game and just copy the ScreenGuis and put them into their game by pasting the ScreenGuis into the Explorer tab and dragging the ScreenGuis into the StarterGui folder on the Explorer tab.

I may give the source file as well so users can make edits to the UI (i.e. change the color of certain UI elements), but therefore, I may not do that, but if I do, you’ll see it.

These are the few things I wanted to share, but I may share some of my past/previous things I’ve done on this topic soon.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day everyone! :slight_smile:

-GameDevSky

1 Like