My DevEx request got declined for a confusing reason

Hope you all are having a good day, I can’t say the same for myself however.

I submitted a devex request on the 15th of this month and got declined for “Not Eligible”, so I contacted support to get the actual reason and the response I received was only more confusing:

morequestions

This doesn’t make sense to me because gamepasses are considered earned revenue.

Although I somewhat understand how the robux could look suspicious due to how the gamepass itself was handled, to simplify it I won’t use names but instead call the games mentioned Games A, B, and C (if needed I can provide links to all 3 and the gamepass itself)

The game that uses the gamepass to give out content will be called “Game A”,
The game that the gamepass was made under will be “Game B”,
The game that came into existence later on to sell the gamepass separate from game A will be “Game C”

I own game B and it is privated since its where I worked on requests from game A, and yes it’s past tense since I no longer work with game A but I did for a while. I made the gamepass under game B because the owner of game A didn’t put the game under a group and we agreed upon it, afterwards I decided to have game A reroute the player to Game C to purchase the gamepass if the player wanted to purchase it so that the 10% of the revenue that goes to the game owner would go to someone that contributed to my work (Games A, B, and C all have different owners). And it probably looks even worse for me since I quit working with game A since I found better opportunities elsewhere.

I have proof that the gamepass is legit and the revenue from it is Earned, but I am waiting for my initial reply to me acknowledged to even show said proof.

Your suggestions, fellow experiences, and advice are all greatly appreciated as I attempt to figure out how I can get my devex request to go through!

2 Likes

Same issue here. I’ve done some commissions and payment was given via gamepasses and I don’t seem to be able to DevEx it, like not at all. I tried the second time and same result, still waiting for that email response. don’t know what to do lol

1 Like

I have the same issue, do you have some update about your situation?

1 Like

Roblox doesnt let you redeem robux, if the robux came from selling something that you dont own/created. For example limited hats, or in your case gamepasses coming from a game owned by someone else

Yes, I did get a response back.

Thank you for writing in. In order to protect against money laundering and comply with applicable law, we limit all Cash Outs to “earned” Robux. Robux is considered “earned” if you receive them by receiving payments from a bona fide third-party transaction through the Services for (a) virtual items (such as clothing for an avatar) that you created or (b) virtual things in your Experience or for your Experience in general.

and the response is completely understandable and in the email I was also told to provide proof of the actual creations and also details about the entire commission job that i’ve done, which I did and now it’s just a waiting game. ill keep you updated if anything happens :+1: