My entire script editor is green

EDIT: I actually managed to fix this by manually getting rid of any --[[ s and rewriting them. Weird.

I used find + replace in my script and now everything’s green, like it’s a comment. Undoing did not fix this. In fact, nothing I try fixes it, even reopening the place. Keep in mind the code still runs, the visual is just all messed up.

This is in a huge script (2,571 lines!). It has all my client logic in it. As such I cannot just leave a repro, but I can PM it to someone. I doubt you’re going to enjoy walking through it though because it’s admittedly messy.

5 Likes

Does this occur with other scripts, or just the one? Check your script color settings.

Just this one. It has nothing to do with my color settings either, this happened as soon as I used find and replace.

check for an unfinished comment, --[[

All the code still ran. It was purely a visual glitch. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Instead of just editing this in, you should reply saying this and mark it as the solution, so users that don’t read the entire post don’t try to help with a problem that’s already been solved

That would imply the bug was fixed. Not sure what to do there

2 Likes

Oh, right. Whoops.

Can you manually change it back in the roblox settings?

Nope. :frowning:

At some point in the summer I had code appear as commented when it wasn’t, but it wasn’t the whole script. Probably the same bug, so hopefully knowing it happened months ago helps find a fix.

2 Likes