My first blender model, how did it look?

For anyone wondering, one of my first blender models was like this, what do you guys think? Followed the tips from Grant Abbitt, the guy is a genius! If you’re ever starting up as a 3D Modeler, I would so advise you to check out his channel!

45 Likes

-Wipes eyes- :eye: :lips: :eye:
You’re amazing! I thought I was seeing things for a second!

5 Likes

Oh cool, I also saw that video. You did great following it and I hope you continue to practice your skills, maybe make something of your own someday.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s from 5 months ago but thanks! I’ll be posting more of my recent models here soon haha.

3 Likes

Definitely better than my first, the only real critique would just have to be the colors, the mesh itself is extremely nice.

2 Likes

It looks like the normals of the “shingle” elements on top might be inverted—you can fix that by selecting all of the faces of the mesh in edit mode in blender, hitting ctrl+shift+N, expanding the dialogue at the bottom left of the viewport, and unchecking the box that says “inside”

3 Likes

For a first this looks amazing! I really like the low poly look

2 Likes

Yess I kinda messed it up on the roof part lmao, it’s okay though the Planes were kinda messy.

1 Like

I can’t believe this is your first model, it’s absolutely amazing! I’ve just started out 3D Modeling myself and this is way better than what I made. I hope to see some more of your creations later on.

3 Likes

That means a lot, thanks! I will post them here haha. (:

1 Like

Looks pretty good but the Roof Tiles are not so appealing. Try to fix some positioning of tiles and there are way too many tiles over there as well. And make some tweaks on roof tile colors. (some tiles with lighter green) Heres my version which was my 2nd ever blender model. Looks kinda decent but just to show you how i did it when I was in your position :stuck_out_tongue: (Ignore the lights and stuff lol I took this pic when I was still a newbie and didnt know how to render.)

2 Likes

Wow That looks amazing. Keep up the good work :grinning:

1 Like

That looks INSANE For your first Blender model! Keep it up!

Id make the tiles on the roof a little thicker and make them go more out to the side but aside from that this is amazing

He was just following a tutorial. Nothing to special and its and easy tut.