My First DRAWN thumbnail. Thoughts?

Hello there! I am in a team called ‘Just Projects!’ and we are working on a game called Running Simulator. I decided to try and make a thumbnail but instead I’ll DRAW IT! This is my first attempt into making a drawn thumbnail!

What do you guys think?

Thanks, Aki

23 Likes

Nice its Simple and Its wonder full maybe you should take away those white lines and put some flowers on the grass

1 Like

Why would he take away the white lines?

1 Like

I did it so it will give more character to the player (the lines). I can’t add flowers as those are not in-game…

Ah love it! could definitely have some more detail like shadows. or maybe gradients depending on your style!

What software did you use?

1 Like

I used SketchBook! A Microsoft Store app. Yes, I’m kinda poor. XD

I do have photoshop but meh, I don’t like drawing on it.

1 Like

Photoshop for vector drawing is indeed meh haha that’s where illustrator is best at :slight_smile:

1 Like

Illustrator is also kinda difficult for me… XD

2 Likes

I really like simplistic drawings. Even myself I draw like that, great art!
Maybe add some grass, some clouds or a sun, the background and the ground is basic.

Other than that great job!

1 Like

Pretty basic but nice. It reminds me of the natural disaster drawn one.

1 Like

Haha, that’s fine. Your drawing looks good. If you want to challenge yourself you could always use illustrator.

1 Like

I really like the simple style! I recommend you just add a couple green lines in the grass for some extra detail. Nice job!

1 Like

I can’t really find much to change, except the grass color, it seems to blend in with the tree located to the right hand side of the screen. I would make the grass darker. Other than that, nice work, and keep it up!

1 Like