My first ever gun model! (AK-47 Type 2)

So I got bored and wanted to focus more on my 3D modeling skills, and this is my first gun model! (AK-47 Type 2)

I modelled it on Blender and then exported it to ROBLOX Studio, and the end result in Studio looks much nicer, especially with materials.

(Some images are from a while ago before I made slight adjustments to the gun model)

Iron sights

I’d like some feedback to be left down here, as this is the first time I’ve done such a huge task, and I want to know what I can improve on in the future!

8 Likes

That magazine, stock, and handle is way too small!

2 Likes

So I’m going to compare your gun to a picture of the type 2 I found online

First off, the top bevel of the wood stock shouldn’t be a straight line, as shown by the picture. Also, the overall shape of the main body I’m afraid doesn’t look like the general shape of the type 2 (Your looks a bit more like an AKM) . And as crazed brick said, the handle is wrong (its slightly too small and is too far forward and should be tilted rather than straight). Also, the wood parts between the main body and the barrels look a little too straight with a hole that is too wide. The iron sight looks quite a bit different between the two but its fine to use a custom iron sight if you want to. Finally, one thing you should change is the fact that the bottom of the magazine shouldnt point straight down, as if they made them that way it would be a lot harder for them to load. I forgot to say that the magazine seems too narrow in both width on the x axis and on the z axis. Sorry if this is a lot or it came out as hateful, its really good for a first model (especially the barrels/barrel iron sight). I hope this helps!

2 Likes