My first ever shirt using Pixlr

First ever shirt using the Pixlr editor

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven’t been posting as much recently, I’ve had a lot of work to do for the past week. Anyway, last night through this morning, I was attempting to make a shirt using Pixlr.com, and here is what I’ve come up with!

I am planning to put this in a group store soon, but before that I would like some feedback on it.

(Also I custom made this template from pixlr as well.)

Likes and feedback are appreciated! :rose:

6 Likes

I imagine you probably don’t have the rights to use the Vans logo on products like this. If you’re planning to make money from shirt sales it’s best to avoid infringing on others’ copyright.

2 Likes

I have seen other Vans shirts in the catalog. Lots, actually.

And they are also infringing on copyright. Multiple wrongs don’t make a right and you don’t need to copy others’ bad choices.

6 Likes

Obviously Roblox approved it, I’m really not sure what you are going on about.

1 Like

I still don’t understand how people get the realistic clothing look :c

1 Like

It’s a combination between textures and recoloring. C:

Roblox moderation focuses mostly on whether it is appropriate for the platform. They aren’t a legal barrier between you and copyright law.

If Vans file a DMCA takedown you can receive strikes on your account. Three strikes result in permanent removal of your account. Would be a shame to lose your account for three items of clothing after being warned about it.

If you don’t know what I’m going on about then consider reading up on copyright law before using assets that aren’t yours to use. Whether you take the risk or not is your choice.

10 Likes

@DevTigerr: I’d suggest creating your own ‘fake’ clothing brand that’s like Vans but doesn’t impede on their trademark. This is what a number of large clothing creators on the platform do, and heck there’s even a few bargin clothes companies that do it IRL.

5 Likes

Yeah I will do that. Maybe like “Tans” or something :joy:

I would suggest “Trams”, Its a mode of transportation, and still has the same ring to it!

Edit: No im not an idiot I know that Vans is a brand, not a vehicle lol. But still I like Tans too!

7 Likes

Will do! Thanks for the ideas. I’ll get it done rq.

just because others do it doesn’t make it legal.

4 Likes

The vans logo seems like you just googled it and added it to the template without adjusting anything. For the wrinkles it just looks like you added one line to every part of the body all going in the same direction. The little white squares don’t fit as much since they don’t have the wrinkle you added to each section of the body so they look like you just added them without adjusting anything. I recommend adding more shading and when making the wrinkles try adding more than just a line for each section of the body. It’ll make it look more realistic if that’s what you were going for. But it’s really good for a first time using pixlr.

I’m so sorry if this maybe came off rude, just my opinion.

2 Likes

Check out the Simpsons, they are famous for that. Lisa has a Mypod from Mapple, lol. You can get away with a lot more because it’s considered parody.

Yeah to be honest, I think the vans shirt is a bit overused. As the other comments stated, there’s multiple vans shirts on the catalog. But for your first shirt! I’d say you did pretty good!

1 Like

VANS is a copyrighted company… I think it is missing a neckhole and the logo is too high, and the shading kinda just looks like it’s fabric copy and pasted. Just a little bit of advice, I used to use pixlr x, and I find that using paint.net (download at getpaint.net) and the advanced tempalte is MUCH better and easier to use. I think the most helpful tutorials are avaeta’s. Here’s a few on paint.net and the advanced template:

1 Like