My first ever UGC hat

i actually like that, its very simple but creative thats how i like things, its very good and looks clean

It’s rather plain, yes. I’m gonna try to make a coconut hat next lol.

This is a little too easy to make.

Don’t get me wrong, I like your inspiration, and dedication to UGC. I can’t say wether someones work will be accepted, nor rejected, but someone can easily replicate* this with Cylinders in Blender, or Studio itself. It only takes 3 simple Cylinders, and I don’t think Roblox is going for something that isn’t that Unique. I feel like you should add more to it personally, as it feels a little to empty (and super easy to make in a not-so-long time frame.)

I wish you a lot of luck on creating UGC things. I’m no modeler, but merely a Builder with some scripting capabilities. :+1:

-Void_Xiety :white_heart:

Thanks for your feedback. Though I sort of addressed this myself:

Also, I have no intention of putting these items on the catalog, rather just a concept.

1 Like

Perfectly understandable! I was just saying, for the future you want to avoid this simplicity. If you’re going for simplicity though*, make that simplicity, well… unique!

Yep! What should I try to make next?

1 Like

Well, I recommend looking over UGC creations that have already been made, and make UGC items that no one has thought of before. Trust me, I know that probably sounds difficult at first, but you’ll discover something someone hasn’t done!

Or be cool like me, and occasionally make something that matches the theme of another Item, At one point I made a wizard staff inspired by the Nekomancer hat, you dont have to be 100% original, just make something neat, and people might enjoy it

1 Like

This is true. Not sure if this is the case or not, but I think people might find new and different items on the catalog, appealing! Something new for a change, and something that doesn’t follow a trend sounds great in my book, and might allow more buys. Not sure though!

LOL. I’ll take note of that and try it out.

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/3403869413/Coconut-Bowler

I’ll make a top hat like that lol.

2 Likes

Actually I can’t do that lol, too hard to texture it nicely.

I made a second thread for part 2! [Part 2] UGC Blueprint #2

Maybe try curve it a little bit since it looks more like a cylinder.

Yep! In part 2 I used Archimedes for the tin pot (hint hint).

1 Like

That’s pretty nice looking but try to use more shapes and extrude tool.

I was using studio for this, sort of as a blueprint.

It’s pretty good for your first time, however, I think you should add more to it. I’d really like to see an updated version of this once you’ve added all the cool suggestions. Even so, it is awesome, keep up the work!

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll try making it like a striped hat, kind of like the classic “Cat in The Hat” but in different colors.