I have finished an early alpha of my first game Link Here. I’m planning on using this game as a starting point/launchpad for future projects. It took about 2 months to get to this point, learning from scratch to use blender, photoshop, and using the new filtering enabled features.
It’s a remaster of Tadcool’s Boys vs Girls Island Wars, which is the first Roblox game that I played. My goal is to keep the classic feel of the original game while using new and original scripts/models.
Everything from the guns, vehicle, map, UI, FBX are scripted/modeled by me (apart from a couple of libraries such as Fastcast and Datastore2).
Here’s a showcase of some of the guns that I have in the game (There are about 20+ in total).
Other features include:
- Primitive build tool (I plan on reworking this soon, but I don’t have any idea on how to improve it)
- Pick up weapons (Idk about keeping these in the game, maybe every gun should just be purchasable?)
- Default dummy NPCs for when no one else is in the lobby.
I need critique/recommendations on:
- The current map is just total garbage. I’ve somewhat gotten the hang of modeling guns but somehow map modeling is just so much more difficult. It feels plain, boring, and awkward. I’m not sure how to fix this.
- Are the gun animations too simple? Do I need to add things like reloading animations? Is this important for better gameplay?
- The UI/Shop looks low effort and cheap. I’m planning to rework this with custom images instead of the default text labels.
- The flag in the middle of the map is functional but currently serves no purpose.
- Is there anything else that I have missed and should put more work into? This is my first game so I appreciate all the criticism that I can get. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.