My first GFX in Day 1

I decided to work on GFX and I wanted to try creating my own and making it nicer by using PhotoPea to change its lighting. Any suggestions as a GFX starter?

You can be honest as you want.

Suggestions or any help are greatly supported and help improve my GFX Skills.

Models are in toolbox (I could have created my own but I just wanted to use other used models for my first starter GFX design.)
(CREDITS TO THE CREATORS THAT MADE THE CARS AND TREE/FIREPLACE)

5 Likes

try exporting it to blender and render it using cycles

1 Like

I am not really good at Blender, is there any other way?

1 Like

I don’t recommend taking shortcuts. Blender is easy to use when you get the hang of it, especially if you don’t plan on 3D modelling. If you’re just messing around with lighting you have nothing to worry about. Think of it as roblox studio with different controls.

2 Likes

The image is still pretty dark.
If that is on purpose, the cars in the picture do not have a running engine, indicated by the fact that the car lights are all off. The police has some blue part colour, but there is no lens flare to indicate that it’s an actual light.

1 Like

I suggest using blender, it’s free and pretty much like Roblox studio so you will get the hang of it right away, you have more control over the light on blender too.

Also most Roblox graphic designers use free models from toolbox so it’s all good lol

2 Likes

Issue with Blender is that whenever I try to download it. It wont let me get into the Blender part where you can edit the GFX design.

I really want to learn Blender but its the download which stops me.

1 Like

Sooner or later you’re gonna want to learn Blender, so why not start now? :smiley:

1 Like

? does an error show up or something? can you send a screenshot or something?

1 Like

When I enter my files and click on Blender it just keeps showing me the download progress.

While I have already downloaded it and I tried other Blenders but it isnt working.

1 Like

Try downloading blender through steam. Should fix all the problems + update automatically

Try to make it brighter, use shadows and better lighting. Use blender and brighter colors to catch viewers’ attentions.

Do you plan on becoming a GFX creator? If so, I recommend Blender.

Now for some criticism.

• It lacks movement. I feel like you are trying to show that the cars are moving and the cones are being thrown around, but i don’t feel it.
    To create movement, you can first increase the Field of View.
  • The background is empty.
    To fix that, add a wall of terrain behind and add trees to hide the sky behind it.
  • lack of Lighting
    To fix this, add light to the headlights
  • There is a lack of depth.
    Add a blur to the background to emphasize on the Cars.
  • lack of details
    Add particles.

Sorry for sounding kind of harsh. I know it’s your first time. I look forward to your next GFX after reading my tips.

1 Like

I don’t know if a screenshot in Studio can be considered a GFX.

In addition to what @hellohennessy said, the camera and object positions are not very intriguing. You’ll usually want to angle the camera at something that emphasizes the main objects more, and since it (kinda) looks like a race, why not put two of them in the foreground as if they were (actually) racing?

I don’t know, a few tips.

Wait, is that a police car at the right?

Yes also I snipped it I didnt use ROBLOX Screenshots

This GFX looks good if it’s your first one ever! It’s a bit too dark though, make it a bit brighter if you can (unless it’s supposed to be night). Otherwise, nice job on it!

Its meant to be night with 2 cars speeding fast like a car race and 1 cop chasing it.