My first Low Poly House made in Blender!

I’ve just started using blender and I’ve just made my first house in blender!! before I started making the house I did loads of research on techniques and other stuff. But, of course I don’t know every technique, so I would like for some feedback on how I could improve on 3D modeling in general, and on house too.

Screenshots:

Feedback is needed please!

19 Likes

Your first house? Thats awesome! Keep working this hard and you could build the next big game! Good job! More than I can do all I can do is resize a cube and insert it to roblox. ;-;

2 Likes

Looks great. It’s a bit lopsided, thought.

1 Like

Looks great! I’ve seen this design many times before. But it look very nice for your first build!

1 Like

Very nice work for your first house in blender that’s awasone :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I did it on purpose, I was going for an old cottage look.

2 Likes

I like this build a lot, a lot of detail was put into this and I like the detailed the roof is, usually you don’t see this type of lowpoly build. Nice

2 Likes

Fantastic job! For a first-model, you’ve got really great shape choice and you made good use of the bevel property without it being too triangle intensive.

• The upper beam on the roof is clipping with the roof on the back – you could move it upwards a bit or adjust some of the vertices on the roof
  • Instead of the structural support above the small circular window, I’d remove the support & make the window a bit larger
rlly quick edit (because pictures are easier than words)

critique

• I’d use the Shade Smooth feature for the roof & window frames to soften the faceted look.
    (Edit Mode > Face Select mode, select some faces, right click & select Shade Smooth)

My only big advice for Blender is to check for tutorials if you’re stuck, especially if you’re doing something complicated. I recently learned how to use the shrinkwrap modifier properly, and it’s a huge timesaver (even in minimalist/low-poly meshes)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the advice!

I don’t really see how you could improve it. It’s perfect imo. Nice job!:+1:

1 Like

It looks very nice! Kind of like the house you would see in Harry Potter!

2 Likes

it looks really nice, good job

1 Like

This is so beautiful :heart: :heart::heart::heart:
I love the lights and it’s giving me the league of Zelda 64 vibes!!!

1 Like

this is SO good my houses are terable :skull: