My first realistic build!

I can defo see where you’re coming from. I’m not much of a builder, but I decided to give my hand at it. I have no experience whatsoever at realistic building, which probably explains a lot of the things you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback!

Makes sense, well next time it’ll probably be better.

Hello there,

First of all, it’s amazing for your first realistic build. The build looks beautiful, and the lighting can be a little improved on, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it just yet. The scenery looks amazing too. It reminds me a lot of when I go up to a place down in New Hampshire. Amazing work, and please keep it up!

8/10 for me!

-MrLibs

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

Anytime, keep up the amazing work!

1 Like

To me, those elements give off a nice realistic style with a bit of cartoon. Given that its his first, I think he did pretty well.

1 Like

The trees are more realistic than the house. The house looks very cartoony, so to improve this, you should use image textures instead of Roblox materials.

This is a great build, however I believe that there are a lot of improvements that you could make so that the build is significantly more detailed and better-looking.

1. The door has a strange colouring choice of beige VS dark brown. You could make the whole thing dark brown, and go the extra mile by turning it into a mesh to decrease lag.
  2. The wooden bars would normally be attached by metallic screws in the real world. These would also allow light reflections, allowing the build to shine more.
  3. The base of the pillars is one wooden part, I would make it into a more pillar-like design.
  1. The curtains are very reflective. Tone down the reflection a bit.
  1. It is quite unrealistic for a lamp to have one neon brick as a light. I recommend redoing the lower part of that model, this time using reference images to create a more geometric and detailed design.
  2. The stairs are just singular parts. You have 2 choices: Either add a SurfaceAppearance of your choice, or make them more detailed.

Overall, this is all I could spot in terms of flaws, although I like the build. I did this feedback within 10 minutes, so I didn’t have much time to do it. I hope you listen to this feedback and use it to further enhance the cottage.

Hiya! Really appreciate the feedback. My problem with using textures is that I never find a fitting/suitable textures for my builds. Thanks for the feeback!

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I can envision how this build would look way better with these improvements! I will definitely take this into account to improve the build. Thanks for the feedback once again!

Not bad lad, it looks as good as one of those Barbie Dream House house collections (jk)

1 Like

The build does look nice for being your first time but to skip the points that have already been mentioned, it loons rather cartoony and the scaling may have to be fixed if you want a full on interior. Other than the other criticism fellow members have said as well as my own. Very well done, I hope you do well in your career.

1 Like

The building looks quite unique since it’s a little detailed. All of that hard work looks amazing.

1 Like

Looks Sick Keep going for it man

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback!

Great to hear it! Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I have one slight question did you find those trees?

Nope! They’re from a nature pack I used.

Where could I find the nature pack you use?