My first serious game i´ve been working on

hi everyone, I started in Roblox development maybe 2 years ago but never gave it much interest all this time, but these weeks I got to work on an old project of mine and managed to improve a lot.

My game is called Cubes, it is a simple game where you just have to collect cubes that fall from the sky, but I need to find a purpose for this (what can the player do with the cubes? besides spending them on the shop or power-ups).

I just released my first “big” update on this game where I officially start to take its development more seriously.

let me know what you think about it.

7 Likes

I found a bug with the power up shop. it doesn’t actually check if the player has enough cubes but rather it just increases the power up lvl by 1 and if you do have enough cubes then it does decrease your cubes by the amount

1 Like

…I have a cube addiciton now, so thanks.

All seriousness aside, something about this got me really into wanting to collect cubes LOL. The way they fall and the different efx really does turn on the dopamine, so great job there!

There are a lot you can do since you already have a currency now that’s randomly generated and has different rarities. You could make a cube-like tycoon that has them falling everywhere.

You could go the PvP route like that one knife battling game with a circle in the center. Make it so that you try to collect as much as you can, but you lose all the currency when you die so there are stakes!

I think this is a great concept and game idea by itself though, it’s just easier for me to expand on other things using it! Though if you’d want it to stay a cube collecting game, some people are into currency just dropping! Things like prestiging so they get a currency multiplier, tools that allow them to get the currency faster/easier (thinking Bee Swarm Simulator; though this might only be a good idea if you plan on making the playable area bigger), and having them unlocking really great looking cosmetic items in trails/pets (that probably also multiply the currency they get) could get some people incredible addicted.

Sorry for the long write-up. Great game!

you know, if your game keen on collecting cubes, maybe add some challenge, maybe add a mode where two teams have to battle, who will get a for example 10k cubes wins, and players can turn cubes into weapons during the game this will make this game need strategy and good play to win

Change the music please. Not really fitting the game theme.