My first TD map

making a base map for a unreleased TD game…what do you guys think?(first map)…

24 Likes

Looks very nice, would love to see it in the game!

Its look amazing! the design is very simple and it looks good!

It looks really good, except make the material plastic, so it kinda looks more low poly. Great job!

Why do i taste candy?

Oh wait. Its my eyes.

This is eye candy.

Great composition!

It’s a great start! I especially like the terrain style you used. Keep up the great work!

Im going somewhat semi realistic theme, the tree however looks like lowpoly since im still trying to make a good trees. Anyways ty:D

Try adding a subdivision modifier if you want them to look smooth. The build is simple, yet quite appealing. Great job!!

You’ll have to show more pictures (more angles), but from what I can see its mostly just rocks, trees and grass. I can’t really say much about it so I’ll put some mishaps below.

Texture Stretching (Red: Major, Blue: Slight)

The ‘rock’ under the statue is the most eye-catching.

Notable clipping

Other than that you should add more because it’s really blank right now. Nothing really interests me about it because most of this has already been done before (like how you use hexagon-ish terrain with smaller grass inside, and how everything is colored really standard-ly?),

Anyway, my point is that it looks like a generic map, and even the trees are just copy-pasted with almost no variety except size and rotation. I’d suggest trying to do something more ‘unique’ next time.

That’s all I have to say, thanks for reading.
---- x5tb

PS: This is all my opinion and you don’t have to agree with me

1 Like

hmmm, i get what you mean. its supposed to be a base map(which should be as plain but not to plain) and maybe because im trying to make with old “tds-style”(tower defense simulator).

1 Like