My First Terrain Build

So I have recently made my first terrain build on Roblox. Tell me what you think.

• It looks good.
  • Meh, needs some improvement.
  • It looks terrible.

0 voters

5 Likes

I messed up on the poll option. I didn’t mean to make it so that you can pick three options. Pick only one! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can you try taking a screenshot of the terrain in its full size at the moment it’s focusing on one part of the terrain. The screenshot you provided doesn’t give us much to be giving feedback on. The terrain isn’t bad. Since it’s your first time, however it’s Too flat.

I do recommend adding more landscape to it such as hills, mountains, paths, rocky areas, trees could improve the overall design. It looks like you put one small hill one area, if the rest of the terrain is just flat add more elevation. I would try making mountains or hills so the land won’t just be a flat place some ideas you could get in some images.

The cottage, and terrain look good. Well done. Adding some plants or relevant stuff, like rocks, and objects floating in the water like a boat the hut. Appears very out of place.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for the advice! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can see you edited the lighting, it looks better when you add some lighting in. I mean… Its a build that you made, and it looks good for ROBLOX. Did you make it in blender or another 3d modeling program. If you made it in roblox pretty impressive.

I made it in blender. Took me about 2 hours.

1 Like

Maybe make the water more transparent, to make it more realistic.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! (30 characters)

This is quite good for your first terrain but I do think that the chimney/brick wall needs to also have some ruin because the rest of the house looks rather ruined(in terms of building). In terms of terrain, I like the clear water and the slight steeps. May I know what you used to make this terrain and how you learn to make terrain?

1 Like

I mean for your first shot at terrain work it definitely isn’t bad by any means, however just in general it looks pretty bland. Adding some unique rock structures, a river, a waterfall, or any type of mountain area would all add something interesting to the build other than just grassy hills.

1 Like