My first time making hair on blender! (Need opinions)

Hello everyone!

Couple days ago, I’ve started using blender way more often and been trying to make hats, hair, accessories, etc.

But this is the first time I’ve tried making hair in particular and I need yall’s opinion about it.

Tell me if it’s good, if something needs to be improved or changed, so my possible future projects look great!

(This is my first time making hair EVER, also this all took multiple hours)

9 Likes

I think this is absolutely amazing for your first hair! (I could never). Are you planning to add it to the avatar shop?

1 Like

Thank you very much!
And yes if I get accepted to the UGC program.

1. I’d recommend changing the shape a bit, making it puff up a bit more, not just lay flat on the head.
  2. I would use less strands and make the strands wider, for reference, like this: Blonde Fluffy Sided Hair - Roblox
  3. Tying into number 2, I’d make the paths use less verts (instead of a hexagon/octagon path, I’d just use a diamond/square)
  4. I’d make the texture not just a flat color, probably adding some highlights

For a first time making hair, this doesn’t look too bad, and I think that you have plenty of potential!

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips, I’ll make sure to use them!

2 Likes

It looks really great! Though if you want to make it consistent with Roblox’s blocky theme, I suggest adding fewer hair “strands” or just making it simple all-in-all. But as far as I know, you’re waaay better at modeling than me! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion and the compliment!

looks pretty good for your first time! could add slightly more height to it though! i think it’ll look more natural :grin:

1 Like

Duly noted!

limitttttttttttttt