My friend made a serious offense on roblox years ago, is he still eligible for DevEx?

About four years ago a great friend of mine was terminated from Roblox for account theft, He created a new game and he was wondering if that would affect his DevEx eligibility since it was so long ago. He had an almost perfect record on his new account, except for a minor blimp from about a year ago.

4 Likes

I mean, this is kind of serious, so I’d normally say they aren’t eligible for it, but it has been 4 years. If they have truly learned from their mistakes, then they should be fine as long as they haven’t committed any other serious TOS-breaking offenses.

3 Likes

According to Roblox, all DevEx requests are reviewed, and Roblox moderation may or may not affect the chances. Roblox will review their past moderation to determine eligibility and will take factors, such as that, into account. This can result in possible loss of access to the DevEx program, or they may overlook and it and allow you anyway. It really is at their discretion and what they believe.

The terms for the program can be found here:

The picture above does state what I have stated above.

1 Like

If they opened a new account, there is no way for Roblox to know what they did on their other account unless he tells them or from IP or sth.

1 Like

Said friend should be in contact with DevEx program staff as well as reading available FAQs rather than having you proxy for an answer on the DevForum. Please direct them to the DevEx FAQs, Terms of Use and the contact email.

Account theft is an action that almost certainly will not be waived by program staff when processing a DevEx request, so even if it has been 4 years there’s a high chance they are no longer eligible. They should have known better than to do something clearly prohibited.

@LeMustache1 Bad advice to assume that new account = they don’t know who you are. This has to do with converting Robux to real cash, they are going to thoroughly vet profiles. Financials aren’t something to be taken lightly and you underestimate internal review policies if you believe that someone opening a new account erases their history.

2 Likes