My game can only be fixed by reinstalling the client for some users

I myself can’t reproduce this (It’s a Mac bug for sure.), but we pushed out an update to Hoops, which wasn’t met with great acclaim because people’s cameras were not loading.

My brother was finally able to get someone to help him reproduce this, and it’s become a common question: “Do you turn off/reboot your computer”. He answered no. My brother instructs him to do so, next time he loads up his client updates and the game runs perfectly…

We had this exact problem before with KeyframeReached, I just never posted a solution because it seemed like a one time thing. It’s not. We can’t be running around attending to bugs that we can’t reproduce because the client is failing to realize what’s going on.

Please fix this, we’ve been getting a lot of criticism from players and we can’t really FORCE them to change their habits.

I don’t quite understand the link between “ROBLOX client is failing to update” and “cameras were not loading”. Can you clarify this part?

Also, are you saying that just rebooting the computer without any other changes fixes this?

Yes. The exact same thing fixed the KeyframeReached bug. No code changes. My brother is instructing people via the description to reboot, uninstall and reinstall. This fixed the problem with our guy who was testing.

EDIT: My brother tells me the rebooting is just for caution, but from as far as we can tell; the client is not updating automatically when users don’t shut off their computer.

Are you saying rebooting isn’t sufficient, and you also have to uninstall and reinstall? Is rebooting truly required - will uninstall/reinstall work without further actions?

And I still don’t understand either camera or KeyframeReached issue. Are you saying that both are a result of a known bug that we have fixed but for players who are using the old version the fix is not in effect?

I asked my brother to be a lot more clear in his explanation (I am only relaying what he has said).

info@roblox told the first person (the one who had the problem with KeyframeReached) to reboot and reinstall roblox, this solved the issue. So for the 2nd case, my brother went ahead and told him to do the exact same thing (but uninstalled as well). We are only going with these steps to ignore more hassle, but we can only believe that something is going on, as both of them told us their clients were not updating (going by their word here).

Both the camera and the KeyframeReached bug were not known issues to us that you have fixed, or showed up at all during testing our updates prior. The latter never experiencing on a grand scale (an isolated case here and there). To my knowledge, I do not know if a prior update fixed these problems, all I know is telling a user to reinstall their client automatically fixes theses issues.

So the tittle may very well be misleading, going off a lot of trust their words are correct.

In short: Odd client bugs we can’t find a reproduction for, all we know is it may be fixed by getting users to reinstall Roblox (reboot was recommended by info@roblox) for users that have had their computers on for a lengthy period of time. Uninstalling is most-likely not required. Sorry about the lack of clarity.

Edit: A 3rd person today did this and told us it fixed the camera issue :-\