My game has been dislike botted, what should I do next?

Hello, I’m Headstackk. I have been working hard on my upcoming game Weaponry. Which has constant 300-500 Concurrent players and nearly a million visits. unfortunately, it got dislike botted today.

I’ve read few threads regarding the same issue but is it possible to revert the ratio? I’ve never seen a Roblox Official reply regarding on this issue, it really demotivates and impact upcoming and small developers. Despite that the like and dislike ratio is only a percentage number.

I’d also like to bring up a point on why isn’t Roblox improving this system? Simply a Captcha check or requiring the player to stay in game for a certain amount of time might not completely stop this situation but it will definitely help a lot!

So what should I do now? Contact Roblox throught Support - Roblox ?

17 Likes

There have been people who have gotten their like-to-dislike ratio reverted, however they don’t exactly disclose how they did it. Your best option really is to basically contact support and pray that it does get reverted.

Roblox has implemented a system where they only allow likes/dislikes if the user in question has been verified via Email, but this has proved to be ineffective seeing how a multitude of similar cases as risen. Seeing how bots on this website are gradually getting more and more smarter and advanced, it would only temporarily stop it. I guess Roblox just gave up on it or just assumed that it was secure enough already.

4 Likes

Oh wow. Sorry to hear about that. I’ve heard about dislike bots, what a shame, people who make those things have no life. There have been people who got their ratios reverted, you should be able send them a email at support@roblox.com and ask them to revert it.

7 Likes

I’ve contacted Roblox and hopefully it’ll get reverted. But regarding to the system that you’ve talked about, is it a real thing? I’ve never heard or seen of it.

I highly suggest an option for developers which they can set the minimum required gameplay time before the player can vote, or simply just add a Captcha would help a lot. We just need more transparency on how Roblox is patching bugs such as botting.

2 Likes

I distinctly recall seeing a system with that same functionality, though I am not sure if it has been decommissioned or not. Regardless, I do think that they could implement a minimum required gameplay time, however bots could easily circumvent this by pressing movement keys every few minutes to bypass the auto-kick AFK system they have installed. A captcha could also prove effective however seeing how bot programmers have found ways to bypass this, it would also prove ineffective. But yes, a lot more transparency would help monumentally in this situation.

1 Like

I think you should set your “Who Can Message Me?” option to “Everyone”. That way, you can receive feedback on how to make your game better. That might help bump up the ratings.

Yes it is, I also have a Discord Server where players can share their feedback. It’s surely dislike botted after I checked the stats. And it dropped from 82% to 39%.

As other said, emailing Roblox support is your best option, and technically one of your only options. I know some games that got dislike botted, they emailed support, and a few months later Roblox removed the botted dislikes. It takes a while, couple weeks to months, but is definitely better than nothing.

Also it would be helpful to try and pinpoint who botted your game. There are a few things to conider:

1. Did you or any of your staff have beef with another player shortly before the dislike bots came? If so, there is a chance that player was angered and decided to dislike bot your game.
  2. Does your game have competitors? It is a very frequent cause with games dislike botting their competitors so they don’t lose players.

If your answer to number 1 is yes, you should avoid having beef with anybody in the future. Any angry player can easily buy bots (they’re legit only like 1 dollar) and you’ll definitely suffer more than the 1 dollar the player lost to buy the bots.

If your answer to number 2 is yes, it would be much harder to do anything about it, especially if your competitor is more popular than you.

Keep this in mind though: DO NOT spread information about who did it, if you are wrong then that will just make problems way, way worse. Just email Roblox support and wait a while.

1 Like

As most people have said contact Roblox customer support via email or phone. My friend told me that a developer had this happen to them except on a smaller scale and they were able to call customer support and eventually get it reverted. In my own experience, I’ve had a better response calling support instead. I hope this will be fixed :grinning:.

Uh, sorry, but you can favorite games without a verified email. ;w;’

1 Like

oh sorry, like i said i haven’t actually seen the thing in years so i completely forgot. ill go edit it thanks for telling me

1 Like

You know what I say? Forget captcha and staying in game, if they made it so that your account age had to be a week old before liking a game, then it would stop so much. For my discord server, users aren’t able to verify if their Roblox account is younger than a week. Let’s be honest, no one is going to wait a whole week just to cause all this trouble. If a user gets banned in my server for doing bad things, they aren’t going to wait a week to continuing spamming the server.

Because then they would have to create all those accounts, wait a week, then spam, get banned, and make more accounts and wait a week

2 Likes

I emailed Roblox Customer Support and they said they’re working on it and they are unable to provide information as usual but dislikes remain, it has been a month. I’ve seen other dislike botted games got their dislike ratio reverted, how long does it usually take? Should I contact Dev Rel? I’m getting a bit worried now.

5 Likes

I believe you should wait, maybe an extra week or so. If roblox support doesn’t fix the issue by then, it is best to contact dev rel.

edit: do it whatever time you like you’ve been waiting a month so do it when you feel like it

I agree. Roblox is probably getting tons of emails daily and needs a lot of time to look at yours.

1 Like

Hey, I just saw that your game was dislike botted the same day as mine (1,200 dislikes in a game with 200k visits, lol), and today Roblox reverted those fake votes.

I checked your game and now it is at 82% again! So Roblox took 42 days to fix this in both cases, imo quite fast since it’s August and there might be less staff available.

Might want to update the game desc :slight_smile:

Yep, it finally got reverted, thanks Roblox.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry to hear that!

Make sure to e-mail support@roblox.com. They will be happy to help, and will be more than happy to revert it.

With that being said, have a nice day! Good luck with your game.

1 Like

Hello there, I’ve came across a similar issue and I’ve sent an email to Customer Support. They said that they would look into the issue and take action on the botting accounts, but it has been more than two months without reply. The dislike ratio hasn’t been reverted as well. Is it normal for this to happen and should I wait a bit longer? Or should I write to Customer Support asking for a follow-up?