My game is locked on 17+ despite me removing everything that made it 17+

Hello, I’m the Owner of the 17+ game called “The Abyss.”
Link: [🐇 EVENT] The Abyss - Roblox

due to aggressive region locking, my only scripter can’t work on my game. I want to remove the 17+ rating from my game, since I’ve removed everything making it 17+.
The free advertising from Roblox is definitely not a fair trade-off for losing the ability to update my game or fix bugs. (Which it has alot of)

13 Likes

This is similar to a feature request I made:

Currently you are unable to un-mark an experience as 17+ and heavy warnings have been added, warning you that removing a 17+ rating is impossible.

10 Likes

Pretty sure that in the 17+ post they mentioned “Once the game is marked for 17+, the change cannot be undone”

4 Likes

Heavy warnings were added on developer forum. There were no warnings on the website until your game has already been region locked.

2 Likes

This was not the case, a warning was always present when making your experience 17+, it appears in a blue box on top of the 17+ age recommendation on the “confirm screen”.

5 Likes

This is simply not misinformation, please ensure you check the questionnaire page before stating that my claims are false.

4 Likes

Oh, you mean that tiny text above it saying that it’ll be region locked, but not say what regions it will be locked in?

1 Like

I’m more specifically referring to the big blue box stating that once an experience is marked as 17+ it cannot be changed, as that appears to be the topic of this post.

1 Like

That was not “always” present as you claim, I distinctly remember there being no such warning when I looked at the page.

2 Likes

My project has also unfortunately been effected by this, it doesn’t allow developers to make revisions to the level of violence in their experience afterwards which is unfortunate and may hinder the growth of any unreleased projects that’ve gotten themselves locked to 17+. And is a little confusing when you look at games like Combat Warriors having a rating of 13+ alongside its level of violence. There also appears to be an issue regarding it where a friend of mine who said they’re verified as 17+ is unable to play for some reason. Hoping they allow for revisions in the near future.

2 Likes

Combat warriors simply lied, and is getting away with it. They also lied about having gambling.

1 Like