Allow us to un-mark an experience as 17+

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to set your experience back to <17 after it has been set to 17+; currently, attempting to do so, will cause the following error message:

This being blocked is absolutely detrimental to experiences who may wish to A/B test adding 17+ content to their experience or may wish to remove 17+ content from their experience for some other reason. This is also detrimental for if an account hijack occurs, the exploiter may mark an experience on the account as 17+ and therefore lock-out that experience from it’s intended audience permanently!

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to create my 17+ experience more care-free, knowing that I can sway back to a 13+ age-rating if I find the content in my experience to be no longer worthy of a 17+ age recommendation due to the violence not being intense enough, etc.

38 Likes

I was wondering if I’m the only one who sees only one level of blood/gore depicted.

7 Likes

If your account is not verified to be 17+ via ID, you are not allowed to create an experience that contains heavy-realistic blood as it would be 17+, this however, is unrelated to this feature-request

5 Likes

I agree that there needs to be some feature to remove this, the problem is we created our experience to be 13+ and not 17+ when doing the questionnaire it was selected for 13+ and shows as 17+ even though we didn’t select it.

We’ve had to create another experience temporarily until support can help us out!

1 Like

Definitely something I want.

I want to make a 17+ experience, but I’m uncertain of whether I want to keep it 17+.
I also don’t want to upload my game twice just to have one 17+ version and one 13+ version of the game, just seems very unnecessary.

I’m surprised Roblox doesn’t allow experiences to be set back to <17 after setting it to 17+.
All you’d have to do is disable extreme gore and remove some 17+ elements. :confused:

I support this feature request.

On top of that, I would also love to have an API so 17+ features can be toggled in-game
(like disabling extreme gore or replacing beer bottles with apple juice if the user isn’t 17+).

1 Like