My game is not showing in search results [HELP]

Hi everyone, I’m creator of Nex Tower of Hell and founder of Nex Games (an indie game studio)

I hope from this post, I could get possible solutions and opinion about this issue. So, I will answer these questions:

1. What I want to achieve?

I want my game to show on search result in keywords like Tower of Hell, obby, parkour and Nex Tower of Hell. Also, game get featured in home recommendations.

1. What is the issue?

I released my game “Nex Tower of Hell” in March 2024 it’s been 3 months since release, and I did regular updates for our existing audience. Still Roblox is neither showing our game in search page nor in home recommendations.

1. What solutions have you tried so far?

After constantly finding solutions on dev forum, I followed all the best practices Roblox mentioned in documents for ex: no spam tags, etc. I even monetize my game really well and earned about 12K+ Robux from 5K visits, still the game was not shown in search result nor was featured in search page.

4.Maybe your game doesn’t have enough CCU, visits or likes, that’s why your game is not being featured in search page nor shown in home recommendations?

One of my friend’s game called “Panda Donations” just had about 4k visits when I saw his game in my home recommendations, and even if you search on Roblox his game shows in large grid even though back then his game had 0 CCU and 4K visits. And how will I get enough CCU and visits if Roblox doesn’t show my game on key words like “Tower of Hell” or “Nex Tower of Hell” nor my game get feature in home recommendations whereas other false promising games like “FREE UGC OBBY” are featured in home recommendations

Game’s impression sources

Search result when typed “Tower of Hell” 200-300 games are loaded in

Hope Roblox support team help from this issue, many new game developers lose their hope and moral when they couldn’t even see their game in search page.

Game link: Nex Tower of Hell [UPDATE] - Roblox

Thanks, feel free to give your suggestions :heart:

5 Likes

I want my game to show on search result in keywords like Tower of Hell, obby, parkour and Nex Tower of Hell. Also, game get featured in home recommendations.

it does show in the search engine you just have to scroll down enough

Hope Roblox support team help from this issue, many new game developers lose their hope and moral when they couldn’t even see their game in search page.

theres alot of people actively creating experiences on roblox and theres also alot of tower of hell themed experiences thats why ur experience doesnt show up in the search engine so easily if the search engine worked how you imagine it to work than alot of people would abuse it by creating clickbait names to get thousands of players

it does show in the search engine you just have to scroll down enough

I couldn’t see my game even in 100 games per page, when searched “Nex Tower of Hell”
hope you read the whole post :pray:

like i have mentioned before theres alot of tower of hell themed experiences on roblox and they show in the search engine more than yours most likely because of more visits and activity

Oh, I see, do you have any suggestion how I can make my game appear on top in Roblox search result?

It’s not showing up because its not a unique game? You literally copied the game name, what do you expect?

Hi dauser thanks for your reply, but I want to mention “Tower of Hell” is not trademark name and it is seen more like category/genre. Still, I understand what you meant. Thanks!

there is still many things fundamentally wrong with search. My game, Pet Fortress was at least on the first page for the keyword “fortress” after slowly building through playtests. Now is nowhere to be found. Before, searching the phrase “pet fortress” (no quotes) it was basically the first result. Now it’s completely absent.

Roblox seems to believe someone searching literally for the name of my game is actually more interested in 1000’s of results of completely unrelated games that have NONE OF THE SEARCH TERMS the user entered, FEWER LIKES, VISITS etc. It’s a bit maddening and inexcusable to not be addressed in the search improvements (this problem has been reported repeatedly on the devforum for over 3 years, many many people have filed multiple tickets before for same issue, etc).

Maybe the OP is jumping the gun for their specific game, but there’s definite continued failures of the search system with completely nonsensical recommendations. Searching for a game is one of the most basic features of a game portal and not a heavy lift to improve, so it’s frustrating to keep seeing this state continue.

1 Like