My game is not showing up when I search its title

My game, Rush Point, gets on average 1,000 concurrent players, and when I search up “Rush Point” on the search bar my game is showing behind games that have 0 concurrent players. This is not only happening to me but, other people who are in our discord. They say they cannot find the game using the search.

This is the game’s link: [💎 IMPROVED TRADING!] Rush Point - Roblox

3 Likes

You could try extending the description though, because it’s pretty small for a game with so much players. Try making it longer, add more words to it! It might actually help with it’s searchability.

3 Likes

I agree with this post, and would like to add, keep the words relevant. Roblox sometimes threatens to mess with your game if you just post OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY.

2 Likes

I added a few more words to the description but it is still not showing up. (Heading to bed rn)

2 Likes

Just checked it out, I think that it still needs to be longer. But to be fair though, it’s still in beta so a description of this length is decent. Try looking at other famous games, check out their descriptions.

You’ll see a lot of them adding other information to the description like for example: updates, emojis, controls, and credit to developers.

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem to be the issue. Looking up wookey12 on the search brings up a game of mine called “wookeys epic top down shooter” that has no description or current players. Searching rush point should 100% come up with that game as the first one.

1 Like

I gotta admit, it’s a bit weird that your game doesn’t show before any of these.
One of the issues may be that a lot of games contain “Rush” and “Point”. Nothing you can do about this, as they have more overall visits that you.
Still, it wouldn’t make sense to have a game like “RIOTFALL” before you, when searching for your game.

Your description looks fine, it’s of correct length and describes the game. A games with 10k visits and no concurrent players should not appear before yours.

I’ve actually been noticing this a lot with other games, which makes me think Roblox have changed their search algorithm. My game from 2017 called Oof… used to be second when searching the term “Oof”, and this remained like it until 2021, even though it was getting very few players. However, if I search it now, it doesn’t come up at all, in fact games like “Tower of Hell” come up first?
This makes me think they’ve changed the search system.

1 Like

The game popped up first only when I put the full name (with the brackets). Of course I don’t know how ROBLOX’s search works (and neither would anyone else except for ROBLOX themself) but perhaps the brackets, “[BETA]”, could be throwing the search algorithm off? Try removing it and see if that helps.

I am seeing other games do the exact same thing by adding stuff in brackets and from what I can tell they are not being penalized by the search algorithm.

1 Like

Once you get more place visits it should jump to the top of the search (as long as it has a unique name)
When I first released my game, it was flooded with temple run copies, but once it got 100 visits

1 Like

the game has over 750,000 visits…

1 Like

I really don’t see the problem here, I still don’t know why it’s getting covered by games completely unrelated to the word “Rush Point”. Currently, what we know is:

1. If you search “Rush Point [BETA]”, it comes up first
  2. It has a LOT of visits, which should make it appear at the top
  3. The description is probably not the problem

What if you tried removing the [BETA] tag on the title, and try searching it on Roblox again? If it does work, then we might get more of an idea on how the search algorithm works.

1 Like

I see zero players right now:
Sorry, this experience is private

The search has never worked right for me. It has always given per word matches so unless you search by one word and your game has a made up unique name, you’ll probably have a hard time finding it. It seems that adding more words (as in the whole name of your game) only serves to dilute the results rather than focus them. They need to fix this!

I searched the entire name including the brackets and did not find your game.

1 Like

Searched up Rush Point, and it’s the first hit…

Ah recently the search engine started working without changing anything. I love ROBLOX I guess.

1 Like

Giant bump but I am suffering. I looked up the EXACT name of my game, and IT’S NOT SHOWING UP. It’s just showing me stuff that isn’t even remotely related and I’m losing brain cells oh god please help

2 Likes

I recently had the same experience. About 2 weeks ago, searching ‘Hotel’ would have my game pretty close to the top. Now I have to scroll and scroll.

Same my game used to get lots of visits as when you searched it up it would be within the first ten games, it got like 2700 visits in a month, but now its averages like 50 visits a month because when searching for it, it is not within the first 100-200 games and it is literally depressing how bad an irrelevant
the games are that come up before my game.

2 Likes