My game keep shutting down "Roblox has shut down this server for maintenance"

Hello developers, so (I believe month ago) I published my first game on roblox (link at post’s bottom)
and entirety of it works perfect, but one single issue, which is the biggest.

So I met face to face issue which is “shutdowns”. After like 10-20 minutes of gameplay - game just shutdowns out of nowhere with reasons: Roblox has shut down this server for maintenance, Check your internet connection (we know this isn’t the issue since ENTIRE server shutdowns.)

Well first of all I want to say - it couldn’t be viruses since entire game is scripted by me. (Could be some plugins, but I doubt.)

So I think reason of this - Memory leak which I don’t know how to solve.

Below will be provided screenshots of scripts activity, and misc memory usage (since server was made until current)

(SCREENSHOTS BELOW ARE CLIENT SIDE)

And even after these screenshots, I can’t understand yet if its client scripts causing it, or server.

1 Like

It’s nothing to do with the client if the entire server shuts. I doubt ROBLOX would shut the server if it was too intensive, they’d probably close the game and request something to do with optimization. But, your game looks amazing for a first game.
Can I have a screenshot of the error?

like I said, here’s no errors but I took a look at ScriptProfiler and I got a bit of shocked

Sorry, I meant the Kick message.

Roblox has shut down this server for maintenance , Check your internet connection

1 Like

Have you tried all the troubleshoots on here? Not sure if it will help you but I’d have a look.

ROBLOX General Connection Problems

not related to this

_3_0_characters

1 Like

This happens a lot to me on different places. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with how you built your game. I think this is simply Roblox, annoyingly so, on the back end shutting down servers. Why? I couldn’t tell you. Why so frequently? I also couldn’t tell you. Some nights I can stay on a place for 5 hours, and some nights you get about 5 minutes in before Roblox shuts it down. I fully understand the need to occasionally shut down their servers to do maintenance on the software or hardware behind them, but it’s so willy nilly nowadays that it gives the impression of a child running around the server room pressing buttons.

4 Likes