My game possibly experiencing DDoS attacks

Hello,

My game is possibly experiencing a DDOS attack. We know it is not just a simple exploit. This has been going on for the last few months (since late April) every day during our school sessions. My development team has implemented in anti-exploit patches and found no backdoors. Our remote systems are absolutely secured. We have also tried running sessions without any scripts installed in the building, unfortunately, it still didn’t work.

We have also went through our scripts and found nothing wrong with them. We also do not use any free models.

Is there anything I could possibly do about this unfortunate situation?

Down below you will see screenshots and a video of what I am describing:

Thank you!

6 Likes

I believe that when a user joins and leaves a server, the Roblox makes a log file containing the server IP. Whoever did this probably found that IP and then attacked it. They can’t ddos a whole game, but only a certain server. There is not much you can do. This is a problem with Roblox, not you. The best you can do is try and stop whoever is doing it from joining your game, so they can’t obtain the log file. But they can always come back on an alt, so it is technically impossible for you to defend on your own.

6 Likes

sounds like it is probably a problem with the game itself rather than exploiters

I have never seen a bug like this before. I’d possibly have it moved to bugs. I don’t think there’s much normal users may do with this.

As a precaution, I’d just double check for backdoors. I’m aware your developers checked.

https://www.roblox.com/library/4216304328/Venom-Intercept-Malicious-Scripts
Venom is made by a fellow forum user and was recommended to me by Mr_Purrsalot (roblox staff member).

We have recently checked for backdoors TODAY, and found nothing.

Check for any scripts that duplicates parts. not sure why you’d have one This was super common in a group I was in. The rapid increase may cause lag.

edit correction on my english.

I’d also check for any unsecure RemoteEvents or abusable tools.

I believe that your game is not experiencing DDoS attacks since if you get the server IP of a Roblox game, it has the same DDoS protection as the website.

I’ve seen exploits like the video showcased where exploiters would start executing scripts to tamper with the ping of the server itself via a vulnerability in the game.

Talk to me on Discord to actually get a explanation of what I mean if you don’t understand. : andreww#4954

1 Like

Sadly, there is not much you can do about this. Here’s what you can do about the situation:

1. Ban the people doing it (if you can find them)

2. Set up AnalyticsService on all events so you know if they are firing any event repeatedly

3. Don’t overreact. The people doing this will get bored eventually.

Hope this helped!

4 Likes

Hi Exploiters Can dupe their tools and drop it causing a huge lag make sure to make a check of that as well they can abuse it also make sure there’s no remote that can be spammed and causing a huge lag specially if it’s a remote that make a new instance as well make sure your admins command’s isn’t abused such :Clean for example if an exploiter spammed this command.

1 Like